I am having the same issue and my laptop is brand new. The store was working this morning, but not this afternoon or this evening. I am in the UK.
Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps
I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store. Any thoughts anyone?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-11-15T22:17:48+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-11-15T22:19:28+00:00 Same problem here.
Both with and without VPN, multiple computers... Here's hoping MS get's it fixed up sooner rather than later.
-
Anonymous
2014-11-15T22:28:01+00:00 Same, on both a desktop that's had Windows 8 since launch and an almost brand-new Surface Pro 3.
-
Anonymous
2014-11-15T22:29:21+00:00 As if by magic, it is working again for me.
-
Anonymous
2014-11-15T22:39:06+00:00 As if by magic, it is working again for me.
Same here. Extremely Slow, but it actually installed an app. I did nothing to the machines, just waited for MS to fix their end.