Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps

Anonymous
2014-11-15T19:23:07+00:00

I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store.  Any thoughts anyone?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T20:07:27+00:00

    It would be nice if Microsoft would at least address the issue on its own help forum.  How frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T20:15:58+00:00

    Same here! Very frustrated! Hope there is a fix soon. Only happening on my surface with 8.1.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T20:16:39+00:00

    I just got off the phone with Microsoft 5 minutes ago and they said that it is working on their end and that to fix it I need to do a full system restore, even though this is happening on 4 different machines across 2 different MS accounts on 3 different networks/ISPs (no proxy)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T20:16:56+00:00

    I spent all morning trying to fix this issue and after an hour on the phone with Microsoft, I still don't have a fix. If this is a Microsoft issue, they are not aware of it. Very frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T20:22:53+00:00

    I just got off the phone with Microsoft 5 minutes ago and they said that it is working on their end and that to fix it I need to do a full system restore, even though this is happening on 4 different machines across 2 different MS accounts on 3 different networks/ISPs (no proxy)

    Yeah, I wouldn't believe that.  That would mean that magically all of sudden all these people need to do a full system restore?  Have to love customer service.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments