Receiving also the error 0x80240438 when trying to download app from Store using Windows8.1.
Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps
I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store. Any thoughts anyone?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-11-15T20:56:41+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-11-15T20:37:01+00:00 I too am having the same problem, same error code message as well
-
Anonymous
2014-11-15T20:22:53+00:00 I just got off the phone with Microsoft 5 minutes ago and they said that it is working on their end and that to fix it I need to do a full system restore, even though this is happening on 4 different machines across 2 different MS accounts on 3 different networks/ISPs (no proxy)
Yeah, I wouldn't believe that. That would mean that magically all of sudden all these people need to do a full system restore? Have to love customer service.
-
Anonymous
2014-11-15T20:16:56+00:00 I spent all morning trying to fix this issue and after an hour on the phone with Microsoft, I still don't have a fix. If this is a Microsoft issue, they are not aware of it. Very frustrating!
-
Anonymous
2014-11-15T20:16:39+00:00 I just got off the phone with Microsoft 5 minutes ago and they said that it is working on their end and that to fix it I need to do a full system restore, even though this is happening on 4 different machines across 2 different MS accounts on 3 different networks/ISPs (no proxy)