Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps

Anonymous
2014-11-15T19:23:07+00:00

I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store.  Any thoughts anyone?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T21:49:30+00:00

    i've been facing the same issue all morning...trying to restore system now...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T21:42:39+00:00

    I am having this happen on windows 10 build 9879 as well any one else here running the preview as well on duel boot?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T21:06:21+00:00

    I'm going to throw my hat in the "me too" mix.  3 PCs and none can install apps right now.  Something is up...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T21:01:34+00:00

    Yep, same problem here. Definitely a Microsoft Store issue.  If effectively it works on Microsoft support side, this is going to be a tricky one to debug...

    And there are other threads on this issue: I found that one

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8\_1-windows\_store/error-0x80240438/fbf43545-e1a2-4f49-ab42-fa6ea0e8d312?rtAction=1416084450068

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T21:00:45+00:00

    I'm also having this issue, tried 4 computers with two different accounts from 2 different ISPs, even tried doing a system refresh on my surface pro 3 with no luck what so ever.

    Very frustrating, at least make an announcement that there is a problem with the store.  Save people the headache.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments