Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps

Anonymous
2014-11-15T19:23:07+00:00

I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store.  Any thoughts anyone?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:19:28+00:00

    Same problem here.

    Both with and without VPN, multiple computers... Here's hoping MS get's it fixed up sooner rather than later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:17:48+00:00

    I am having the same issue and my laptop is brand new. The store was working this morning, but not this afternoon or this evening. I am in the UK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:16:12+00:00

    Getting same error as everyone else.  New win8.1 pc, just bought it.  Very frustrating...I guess i'll just wait it out??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:14:38+00:00

    Me, too. Brand new laptop, 8 core.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T21:55:12+00:00

    I just got off the phone with Microsoft 5 minutes ago and they said that it is working on their end and that to fix it I need to do a full system restore, even though this is happening on 4 different machines across 2 different MS accounts on 3 different networks/ISPs (no proxy)

    Well, I tried a system restore and it did not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments