Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps

Anonymous
2014-11-15T19:23:07+00:00

I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store.  Any thoughts anyone?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:47:05+00:00

    Still an issue over here but I'm glad some of you are able to download -maybe it'll be resolved soon. 

    I just tried again and instead of getting that 0x80240438 error, it just complains that my internet speed is too slow.  I ran a speed test and I'm downloading at 60mbps....so I'm pretty sure it's not an accurate error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:46:19+00:00

    Unfortunately, the error is now back for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:39:06+00:00

    As if by magic, it is working again for me. 

    Same here.  Extremely Slow, but it actually installed an app. I did nothing to the machines, just waited for MS to fix their end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:29:21+00:00

    As if by magic, it is working again for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:28:01+00:00

    Same, on both a desktop that's had Windows 8 since launch and an almost brand-new Surface Pro 3.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments