Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps

Anonymous
2014-11-15T19:23:07+00:00

I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store.  Any thoughts anyone?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T01:07:17+00:00

    Well, guess I did a re-install from scratch for nothing... Same issue you guys are having.

    We better get a discount on our next purchase for this mess.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T01:00:01+00:00

    Microsoft support on twitter asked me to do this ... there are corrupt files that the system failed to fix

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?linkId=10568616

    I did this, it fixed my corrupt files, but I still can't download any apps.

    edit: I just want to make it clear that I am having this problem on already-set up machines that have previously downloaded and installed Store apps just fine. This problem only started today for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T00:35:42+00:00

    Microsoft support on twitter asked me to do this ... there are corrupt files that the system failed to fix

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?linkId=10568616

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T00:30:08+00:00

    I have the same issue. I have received your mentioned error code and error code 0x80240440. I also have the message regarding slow Internet connection. Did not have any problems this morning, the issue started this afternoon, I'm in the CST zone. Just reading most of the comments I am relieved it may be a Microsoft issue and not my computer!

    Dose anyone know if Microsoft reads these threads?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T00:28:17+00:00

    Yes im getting the same ,Got the apps seam to be working fine ,just can not download any apps just gives me error code ,turned off security tried trouble shoot app and WSReset and when I go in to my apps cant show them yet my account is there ,im going to sleep on it ,quite a few people out there with same problem recently ,please anyone with a tested method for problem please reply

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments