Windows 8.1 Store Not working

Anonymous
2014-12-26T13:26:41+00:00

Yesterday I upgraded to windows 8.1. after installing my programs, I launched the Windows Store, and to my surprise, it said: "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. please wait a few moments and try again.(0x800072efd)

I googled the error code and visited multiple forums and followed the instructions, and after a few hours, it still said exactly the same. I have tried wsreset.exe, messing around with the firewall, tried refreshing my computer and rebooting multiple times. could anybody please help me with this problem?

sincerely,

Ryan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-06T13:32:09+00:00

    i fired up my computer today, and the store works!

    Great news.   I have been referencing your thread in others about problems with the Store and yesterday came up with a new idea:  pathping

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_store/message-saying-my-connection-is-too-slow/2561e200-34b8-4551-98dd-6587c8529fd4#LastReply

    I think it might be a useful diagnostic for future problems with the Store.  E.g. notice that my tracert to my wscont.apps.microsoft.com  worked cleanly but my tracert to your IP for that name did not.  But more significantly, how did your tracert to your host go?   ; )

    FYI

    Robert


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-08T16:35:53+00:00

    Iv still got the problem, what should I do?

    I did a trouble shoot and it said it has a corrupt licences and cache, it cleared and reset it, I still had problems, it then led to saying a display driver might be out of date. Checked NVidia and I'm all right there, it found a problem in trouble shoot:

    "Hardware changes might not have been detected" - Detected

    pressed okay as it should of fixed it, and nothing has changed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-08T16:42:23+00:00
    Hardware and Devices Publisher<br> details
    Issues found
    Hardware changes might not have been<br> detected<br><br><br>Hardware changes might not have been detected Detected
    Scan for recent hardware changes Completed <br> --- ---
    Potential issues that were checked
    Windows Update configured to never install<br> drivers<br><br><br>Windows Update configured to never install drivers<br><br>Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update. Issue not present
    Issues found Detection details
    6 Hardware changes might not have been detected Detected <br> --- --- --- ---
    Scan for recent hardware changes Completed <br> --- --- <br> --- <br> Scanning might find new devices attached to your computer and install them.
    Potential issues that were checked Detection details
    Windows Update configured to never install drivers Issue not present <br> --- --- --- ---
    Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.
    Detection details

    | Collection information | | Computer Name: | WINDOWS8-DAMON | | --- | --- | | Windows Version: | 6.3 | | --- | --- | | Architecture: | x64 | | --- | --- | | Time: | 08 January 2015 16:41:15 | | --- | --- |

    Publisher details

    | Hardware and Devices | | Find and fix problems with devices and hardware. | | Package Version: | 1.1 | | --- | --- | | Publisher: | Microsoft Windows | | --- | --- |

    | Hardware and Devices | | Find and fix problems with devices and hardware. | | Package Version: | 1.0 | | --- | --- | | Publisher: | Microsoft Corporation | | --- | --- |

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-08T22:33:58+00:00

    Iv still got the problem, what should I do?

    Try the diagnostics that I have suggested to others. 

    Also, there is another blog author who is frequently cited as a reference for Store issues.

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/ouc1too/archive/2013/12/31/windows-8-1-and-the-nuclear-option.aspx

    One in particular I think merits noting is to download and use the Apps Troubleshooter.  There are more suggestions in the Comments.

    But in your particular case, I would like to know if your PathPing results show any anomalies because I think you show signs of a connectivity issue--as did Ryan but now apparently resolved.  But who knows?  Maybe the Apps Troubleshooter will at least make everything clear?   ; }

    Good luck

    Robert


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-01-09T00:07:07+00:00

    I would like to know if your PathPing results

    How do I get PathPing results, google came up with nout.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments