Windows 8.1 Store Not working

Anonymous
2014-12-26T13:26:41+00:00

Yesterday I upgraded to windows 8.1. after installing my programs, I launched the Windows Store, and to my surprise, it said: "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. please wait a few moments and try again.(0x800072efd)

I googled the error code and visited multiple forums and followed the instructions, and after a few hours, it still said exactly the same. I have tried wsreset.exe, messing around with the firewall, tried refreshing my computer and rebooting multiple times. could anybody please help me with this problem?

sincerely,

Ryan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T00:28:21+00:00

    I attempted that but I still failed to enter the store without the error... I would refresh windows 8.1 but it needs the installation CD, I only have the installation CD for Windows 8 though...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T06:29:04+00:00

    Chipping in: I typed the powershell.... command of the first reply to this problem from Sachin in the command prompt (administrator), but nothing happened. What came back is below in the screenshot:

    The problem remains: cannot login to the Store, cannot install any application.

    Cheers,

    Danker

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T06:43:08+00:00

    Chipping in: I typed the powershell.... command of the first reply to this problem from Sachin in the command prompt (administrator), but nothing happened. What came back is below in the screenshot:

    Thank you.  That shows what "doesn't work" means.  Obviously there is a typo somewhere.

    Here is one of the usual references for this technique.  Let's look at the syntax given here:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/notime/archive/2013/10/18/fix-store-app-in-windows-8-1.aspx

    Oh. I see.  It looks like your first attempt worked but then you overtyped the . for the file extension with a comma?  That was a syntax error, so of course that "didn't work".

    FYI

    Robert


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T07:02:33+00:00

    Have you tried to reset the store and check?

    Open command prompt with Admin and run wsreset and check if the store is opening.

    Second try these command and check

    Open command prompt in admin and run one by one - 

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    Also restart the windows services and update the windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T10:12:35+00:00

    Chipping in: I typed the powershell.... command of the first reply to this problem from Sachin in the command prompt (administrator), but nothing happened. What came back is below in the screenshot:

    Thank you.  That shows what "doesn't work" means.  Obviously there is a typo somewhere.

    Here is one of the usual references for this technique.  Let's look at the syntax given here:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/notime/archive/2013/10/18/fix-store-app-in-windows-8-1.aspx

    Oh. I see.  It looks like your first attempt worked but then you overtyped the . for the file extension with a comma?  That was a syntax error, so of course that "didn't work".

    FYI

    Robert


    I retried typing it again - without typo. The screenshot below is the reponse in red

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments