Windows 8.1 Store Not working

Anonymous
2014-12-26T13:26:41+00:00

Yesterday I upgraded to windows 8.1. after installing my programs, I launched the Windows Store, and to my surprise, it said: "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. please wait a few moments and try again.(0x800072efd)

I googled the error code and visited multiple forums and followed the instructions, and after a few hours, it still said exactly the same. I have tried wsreset.exe, messing around with the firewall, tried refreshing my computer and rebooting multiple times. could anybody please help me with this problem?

sincerely,

Ryan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-27T08:57:32+00:00

    Hi Ryan,

    We understand your problem and appreciate your efforts to resolve your issue.

    This issue might be due to problem with Windows store registration settings.

    I suggest you to re-register store app and check if it works.

    Step 1: Re Register Windows store.

    1. Press Windows + X, Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    2. Copy the following command and paste in command prompt and press enter.

    powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode –Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us if issue persist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-27T17:00:42+00:00

    thank you for the reply, but it doesn't work, could it be that it has to do with the activation key? when I upgraded i filled in my new activation code, but it displayed my old one from windows 7, could this have interference?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-28T18:15:55+00:00

    Totally agree I have tried countless ways to fix it. None worked.

    I tried the 'windows' service where a technician fixes it over the internet. I gave up in the end because if the 'windows technician' fixed the problem WINDOWS CAUSED I would have to pay him. It is pointless!

    Apple don't treat it's users .... like this.

    I cant access any apps from the store which require a connection, and I cant access the store.

    My connection does work though, I can access the internet and play my games, but not on app store .etc.

    HELP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-28T21:22:05+00:00

    I can also do EVERYTHING except launching the windows store. all I want from it is one game, that's it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-28T23:54:12+00:00

    I can also do EVERYTHING except launching the windows store. all I want from it is one game, that's it.

    Some users apparently can get into Store apps at the Store but can't get into the Store first.

    So, try doing a web search for the game and specify where you expect the hit to be found.   E.g.

    "Angry Birds"  site:apps.microsoft.com

    That syntax works under both BING and Google.

    Good luck

    Robert Aldwinckle


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments