Windows 8.1 Store Not working

Anonymous
2014-12-26T13:26:41+00:00

Yesterday I upgraded to windows 8.1. after installing my programs, I launched the Windows Store, and to my surprise, it said: "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. please wait a few moments and try again.(0x800072efd)

I googled the error code and visited multiple forums and followed the instructions, and after a few hours, it still said exactly the same. I have tried wsreset.exe, messing around with the firewall, tried refreshing my computer and rebooting multiple times. could anybody please help me with this problem?

sincerely,

Ryan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T06:43:08+00:00

    Chipping in: I typed the powershell.... command of the first reply to this problem from Sachin in the command prompt (administrator), but nothing happened. What came back is below in the screenshot:

    Thank you.  That shows what "doesn't work" means.  Obviously there is a typo somewhere.

    Here is one of the usual references for this technique.  Let's look at the syntax given here:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/notime/archive/2013/10/18/fix-store-app-in-windows-8-1.aspx

    Oh. I see.  It looks like your first attempt worked but then you overtyped the . for the file extension with a comma?  That was a syntax error, so of course that "didn't work".

    FYI

    Robert


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T06:29:04+00:00

    Chipping in: I typed the powershell.... command of the first reply to this problem from Sachin in the command prompt (administrator), but nothing happened. What came back is below in the screenshot:

    The problem remains: cannot login to the Store, cannot install any application.

    Cheers,

    Danker

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T00:28:21+00:00

    I attempted that but I still failed to enter the store without the error... I would refresh windows 8.1 but it needs the installation CD, I only have the installation CD for Windows 8 though...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-28T23:54:12+00:00

    I can also do EVERYTHING except launching the windows store. all I want from it is one game, that's it.

    Some users apparently can get into Store apps at the Store but can't get into the Store first.

    So, try doing a web search for the game and specify where you expect the hit to be found.   E.g.

    "Angry Birds"  site:apps.microsoft.com

    That syntax works under both BING and Google.

    Good luck

    Robert Aldwinckle


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-28T21:22:05+00:00

    I can also do EVERYTHING except launching the windows store. all I want from it is one game, that's it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments