do you mean that i should look for it myself? if so, i'm not sure what i'm looking for exactly...
Windows 8.1 Store Not working
Yesterday I upgraded to windows 8.1. after installing my programs, I launched the Windows Store, and to my surprise, it said: "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. please wait a few moments and try again.(0x800072efd)
I googled the error code and visited multiple forums and followed the instructions, and after a few hours, it still said exactly the same. I have tried wsreset.exe, messing around with the firewall, tried refreshing my computer and rebooting multiple times. could anybody please help me with this problem?
sincerely,
Ryan
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-01-04T19:23:31+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-01-04T18:18:15+00:00 ran netmon in safe mode with networking
Wow. So, did you see something else than what Damon showed then? There definitely was connectivity with an AKAMAI server then. Well, actually I can only guess that. We're on different sides of "the pond" apparently.
Non-authoritative answer: <br><br>Name: e3375.g.akamaiedge.net <br><br>Address: 96.16.45.199 <br><br>Aliases: wscont.apps.microsoft.com <br><br> wscont-scdn.windows.akadns.net <br><br> wscont.apps.microsoft.com.edgekey.net Tracert to that IP is complete for me and shows this
5 50 ms 49 ms 48 ms a96-16-45-199.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com [96.16.45.199] Tracert to your host IP (not mine) gets here which would be consistent with the idea that we are both dealing with different server clusters but the same host names.
6 137 ms 130 ms 136 ms ae12-0.db3-96c-1b.ntwk.msn.net [204.152.141.73] I'm not allowed to get to your final destination but unless that DB3 thing is pure coincidence I think I may have serendipitously discovered how to know which Microsoft server cluster is involved. <eg>
would you like me to do another one with all tabs selected in procmon?
Can you try doing it yourself based on the hints I gave? The other files would not be available to anyone else and they are where the real information is. ProcMon is just a guide and a way of supplementing what you find that way. BTW I find the .PML format the most helpful one to save because it means you can change your filters and analyze old logs that way. We can also open multiple logs each in separate windows.
Good luck
Robert
-
Anonymous
2015-01-04T16:44:58+00:00 what i did was i ran netmon in safe mode with networking then restarted my computer to do a procmon in normal mode. in procmon i just found out that you can select things in the upper right corner, and they weren't all. would you like me to do another one with all tabs selected in procmon?
-
Anonymous
2015-01-04T16:31:30+00:00 what now?
Tell us more about the NetMon trace. It wasn't done at the same time as the ProcMon one. It started at 7:35:28.6472815 PM and looks like it may have got somewhere (or maybe just retried the same packet uncertainly?--PayloadLen=1460 then PayLoadLen=582. 4 instances. Retry limit?). Where did it get to?
There are a few things in the ProcMon trace which may be odd. There is only one 1460 in it and that happens after a connection request.
I think we are trying to dive too deep before we have a context to try doing it in. I was expecting you to use your ProcMon trace to find Operation Is WriteFile events (so File Access class events which you did not include) in order to find out what diagnostics are being created. You can match those by Path, Timestamp and Length with some actual log file content that looks meaningful. That's when to try diving deeper--when you find some content that you want more information for.
HTH
Robert
-
Anonymous
2015-01-04T14:11:09+00:00 i did the first commands and it came up with these:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>set t
TEMP=C:\Users\ryan\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=C:\Users\ryan\AppData\Local\Temp
C:\WINDOWS\system32>
and
C:\WINDOWS\system32>set l
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\ryan\AppData\Local
LOGONSERVER=\MicrosoftAccount
C:\WINDOWS\system32>
i did the second commands as well, what now?