Windows 8.1 Store Not working

Anonymous
2014-12-26T13:26:41+00:00

Yesterday I upgraded to windows 8.1. after installing my programs, I launched the Windows Store, and to my surprise, it said: "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. please wait a few moments and try again.(0x800072efd)

I googled the error code and visited multiple forums and followed the instructions, and after a few hours, it still said exactly the same. I have tried wsreset.exe, messing around with the firewall, tried refreshing my computer and rebooting multiple times. could anybody please help me with this problem?

sincerely,

Ryan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-08T16:42:23+00:00
    Hardware and Devices Publisher<br> details
    Issues found
    Hardware changes might not have been<br> detected<br><br><br>Hardware changes might not have been detected Detected
    Scan for recent hardware changes Completed <br> --- ---
    Potential issues that were checked
    Windows Update configured to never install<br> drivers<br><br><br>Windows Update configured to never install drivers<br><br>Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update. Issue not present
    Issues found Detection details
    6 Hardware changes might not have been detected Detected <br> --- --- --- ---
    Scan for recent hardware changes Completed <br> --- --- <br> --- <br> Scanning might find new devices attached to your computer and install them.
    Potential issues that were checked Detection details
    Windows Update configured to never install drivers Issue not present <br> --- --- --- ---
    Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.
    Detection details

    | Collection information | | Computer Name: | WINDOWS8-DAMON | | --- | --- | | Windows Version: | 6.3 | | --- | --- | | Architecture: | x64 | | --- | --- | | Time: | 08 January 2015 16:41:15 | | --- | --- |

    Publisher details

    | Hardware and Devices | | Find and fix problems with devices and hardware. | | Package Version: | 1.1 | | --- | --- | | Publisher: | Microsoft Windows | | --- | --- |

    | Hardware and Devices | | Find and fix problems with devices and hardware. | | Package Version: | 1.0 | | --- | --- | | Publisher: | Microsoft Corporation | | --- | --- |

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-08T16:35:53+00:00

    Iv still got the problem, what should I do?

    I did a trouble shoot and it said it has a corrupt licences and cache, it cleared and reset it, I still had problems, it then led to saying a display driver might be out of date. Checked NVidia and I'm all right there, it found a problem in trouble shoot:

    "Hardware changes might not have been detected" - Detected

    pressed okay as it should of fixed it, and nothing has changed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-06T13:32:09+00:00

    i fired up my computer today, and the store works!

    Great news.   I have been referencing your thread in others about problems with the Store and yesterday came up with a new idea:  pathping

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_store/message-saying-my-connection-is-too-slow/2561e200-34b8-4551-98dd-6587c8529fd4#LastReply

    I think it might be a useful diagnostic for future problems with the Store.  E.g. notice that my tracert to my wscont.apps.microsoft.com  worked cleanly but my tracert to your IP for that name did not.  But more significantly, how did your tracert to your host go?   ; )

    FYI

    Robert


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-06T11:43:38+00:00

    ****!

    i fired up my computer today, and the store works!

    I don't know why and how yet, but I plan to find out.

    I have school this week so i don't have a lot of time but i will post this weekend

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-01-04T20:33:54+00:00

    do you mean that i should look for it myself? if so, i'm not sure what i'm looking for exactly...

    For a start you can use the Operation Is WriteFile filter with the Tools, Count... on Path to get an inventory of all the files which are involved.  Doing that sometimes shows that there are more useful diagnostics than we were aware of otherwise.

    BTW another thing that came up today in another thread is the suggestion to use  WSReset.exe  Have you tried that?  I keep hoping that that is where they finally put in everything that is needed to help people get out of these jams.  So far it seems it is often deficient but who knows maybe something will have changed?

    In fact, we can find out when it last changed...  Or not...

    Powershell:   Get-Item  wsreset.exe  |  fl  *

    FullName          : C:\windows\system32\wsreset.exe <br><br>Extension         : .exe <br><br>CreationTime      : 2014-11-20 01:38:59 <br><br>CreationTimeUtc   : 2014-11-20 06:38:59 <br><br>LastAccessTime    : 2014-11-20 01:38:59 <br><br>LastAccessTimeUtc : 2014-11-20 06:38:59 <br><br>LastWriteTime     : 2014-10-28 22:34:36 <br><br>LastWriteTimeUtc  : 2014-10-29 02:34:36 <br><br>Attributes        : Archive

    Looks like I probably got that from the November Rollup.  Do you have that?  It shows as the first line of View Update History  (Win-w Vi Up Hi) --  Most recent cumulative update:  KB3000850

    In any case, that would be another thing that you could trace with ProcMon.  See if there are any interesting details written when you do that?  I'm not sure if it is necessary to be elevated when you do it or not.   However, one issue with that might be that it would only reset the profile of the user is was being run under.  I got that surprise once when I elevated  inetcpl.cpl  to do a RIES and found that I had reset my own profile (i.e. the administrator and not the one of the account I had signed in with.)  Not helpful.   ; }

    Good luck

    Robert


    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments