Is this what you want?
That makes no sense but I think it could explain your symptoms.
Do you get any different results if you don't try to limit the number of trials? (E.g. just do the command without that -q parameter.) You would just have to wait longer to see the statistics (which strangely you didn't get to see at all.)
Oh. Maybe it does. It could just mean that ICMP is not allowed by the second node. Then if you always get that node as second you would never be able to do any network connectivity checks such as ping, tracert or pathping.
BTW I don't think you would be revealing anything by disclosing the destination except the region that your DNS was picking for you. E.g. here's what my nslookup shows
| Non-authoritative answer: <br><br>Name: e3375.g.akamaiedge.net <br><br>Address: 172.229.226.58 <br><br>Aliases: wscont.apps.microsoft.com <br><br> wscont-scdn.windows.akadns.net <br><br> wscont.apps.microsoft.com.edgekey.net |
|---|
Notice that the host name is the same but the IP address is significantly different. That is part of what I am wondering about. With that host I can get there in 5 hops.
Heh. Today it's 11 and it was not allowed to measure all the hops:
| 10 --- 14/ 14 =100% 14/ 14 =100% Akamai_bx7-newyork83 [184.150.181.179] <br><br> 0/ 14 = 0% | <br><br> 11 67ms 0/ 14 = 0% 0/ 14 = 0% a172-229-226-58.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [172.229.226.58] |
|---|
FYI
Robert