Windows 8.1 Store Not working

Anonymous
2014-12-26T13:26:41+00:00

Yesterday I upgraded to windows 8.1. after installing my programs, I launched the Windows Store, and to my surprise, it said: "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. please wait a few moments and try again.(0x800072efd)

I googled the error code and visited multiple forums and followed the instructions, and after a few hours, it still said exactly the same. I have tried wsreset.exe, messing around with the firewall, tried refreshing my computer and rebooting multiple times. could anybody please help me with this problem?

sincerely,

Ryan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-02T18:13:00+00:00

    after starting up in safe mode, the store worked but I couldn't download anything. I went back to normal mode and started up the store after I removed a security program and it worked for a second, but then returned to the screen of: We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or the network connection timed out. please wait a few moments and try again.(0x800072efd)

    any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-30T04:12:49+00:00

    You can check if there is any other AV Software installed, if so uninstall the software. If still no go, try to do a PC Reset or Refresh and since the computer is just 4 days old, you can try to take it to the Factory settings and it will work for sure. 

    The reason could be for some system files corrupted. It can happen sometimes

    Also to avoid the confusion which most of the cx has, taking the computer back to factory settings, wont make any difference, because the factory image will have all the software and applications installed from day one you got the computer. Its equal to a new computer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-30T02:13:53+00:00

    Well here is my screen shot. Pardon me for being a bit forward, I am a bit angry with this microsoft trash. I typed what I was given just as it was given to me. STILL I can not access this stupid app store, cant access my apps or do anything. Tries to tell me I am not connected and wants to tell me it is my wireless connection, how funny because I am on wifi right now on same computer having problem with. I don't understand how it can be my connection. I am very angry because I just purchased this stupid tower (4 days old) brand new from best buy and it seems no one from microsoft is available to help me. Hit the contact button for a so called live chat and nothing opens just a confirmation tab noting I sent my compliant but it is a live chat button I clicked. Annoyed! Then I go back to contact us and now I am referred to a forum and my first reply before this one is not even posted because all of sudden the forum froze. Or I read a suggestion at the bottom of the contact us page from microsoft to return my devise to the store where I purchased it from and have them fix it. It is Microsoft Windows problem not the store and frankly I do not feel like driving back 45 mins away to go have this computer looked at. If I am gonna drive back I am gonna shove the tower in a very in appropriate place and tell them to give me my money back. I knew I should of went with Apple, I just knew there would be some problem. Again sorry to be so forward, I am a bit upset at how Microsoft treats their customers..  Any help to get this app store up and running is appreciated. Otherwise I am returning this tower this weekend. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T21:31:25+00:00

    I can't access my computer untill saturday, but i will try safe mode and get back here asap

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T18:43:22+00:00

    After a lot of tinkering with diagnostic tools, commands I have been told to use .etc I now have live tiles.... I can open the store yet I still get the error 0x80072efd.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments