One Drive File: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B

Anonymous
2015-05-23T16:41:52+00:00

I see that several others have a file with exactly the same name in One Drive.  Surely this is no coincidence.  Since it's a hidden file, how many other have it and don't even know it?    

So, what is the story?  What's the file?

It's more interesting if you look at previous versions under properties. 

Love to see some ideas, guesses, suggestions etc.  

Do you have the hidden file ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B" in your One Drive too?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-22T20:55:48+00:00

    Hello, I found how to remove the obnoxious lookig ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B"

    Please follow these instructions carefully backing up your system...(Please right click on OneDrive icon in system tray and "Exit" 

    1- right click on OneDrive icon by clicking on folder menu

    2- Click on Properties

    3- Click on Security

    4- Under Group and user name, choose the long series of numbers you will see

    5- Click on 'Advanced" 

    6- Choose again the same long series of numbers group/user etc

    7- Click on :Disable Inheritance.  Then click OK. 

    8- Click again on OneDrive icon from the folder list

    9- Click Continue and you will see all of your listed folders. Enjoy the Day! Good Luck

    Please be extra extra careful and always backup your system just in case....

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-22T21:26:10+00:00

    Solution #2

    1- Click on One Drive Icon in your folder list

    2- Highlight the item with series of obnoxious numbers game...

    3- From the Folder menu choose "View"

    4- Choose 'item selected box'

    5 Click on "Hide Selected item" 

    6- Click back on One Drive icon and wow!! you will see the numbers game disappear, hidden...enjoy the day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-23T20:05:10+00:00

    Hi

    thanks for the solution tips but it still doesnt remove the processing from the the cloud in the tray.

    anyone have any other ideas?

    mine doesnt have the numbers show up in the users/group tab eithier security

    thanks in advance

    SORRY I JUMPED THE GUN, IT TOOK A COUPLE OF MINUTES. THANKS NOSYNIKE

    I USED SOLUTION #2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-24T14:02:40+00:00

    I already disable one drive and erased the files from one drive live account and erased the data from local drive and rebooted my laptop... and still, nothing, it reappears.

    I said to myself if its not in the cloud and not in the local drive where can it be... so I chased tha m.f and I nailed it, the data it's link to a video in the Microsoft database, so the problem it's not  just ours, the virus has many subfolders with a scrip like z...z...z..z......zzzz and affects google chrome in first hand ... so I decided to reinstall windows 10 erasing all files ... and what do you think it reappeared so... I decided to change the settings of one drive and because I don't use one drive I don't deal with that virus anymore... It's in Microsoft database flying between junk data, to solve the problem we need Microsoft to update its database...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-24T16:39:42+00:00

    Nice work. How do you know that it belongs to a virus and is not from Microsoft itself? Has any security software flagged the file yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments