One Drive File: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B

Anonymous
2015-05-23T16:41:52+00:00

I see that several others have a file with exactly the same name in One Drive.  Surely this is no coincidence.  Since it's a hidden file, how many other have it and don't even know it?    

So, what is the story?  What's the file?

It's more interesting if you look at previous versions under properties. 

Love to see some ideas, guesses, suggestions etc.  

Do you have the hidden file ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B" in your One Drive too?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-01T15:41:38+00:00

    I have it too.  Problem in my case is that it ties up the computer as it tries to sync this file with OneDrive.  Never really syncs.  My conputer has been very stable until just recently.  There is another problem which (coincidentally?) has occured.  Chrome now fails on my system due to the "move to Tiles" they have implemented.

    There is not much on the net regarding this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T03:31:35+00:00

    Another one of the "Mysteries of Microsoft".  One Drive is popping up on my other old networked machines now.  I think I will just hide the file again.  It was hidden for some reason(?).

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T16:18:40+00:00

    Noel, 

    as I said, the file was in an endless sync with the One Drive cloud server so I could not ignor it.  Solved it by the tried and proven method.  Delete the offender.

    Up dated system image, just in case.

    Turned off One Drive on my computer.

    Logged into MS Onedrive on the cloud.

    Deleted the file on both the cloud and my personal computer.

    Rebooted.

    The file came back but my sync problem was gone.  All is well.  No idea what happened to cause this.

    Gil.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T20:31:05+00:00

    I think we agree - delete the offender, follow the steps you described and it stops causing problems.  I was curious so I kept digging in to it.  I am beyond the curiosity now.  I am happy now that the problems have stopped.  

    Noël

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-07T21:29:42+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments