Me too...
One Drive File: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B
I see that several others have a file with exactly the same name in One Drive. Surely this is no coincidence. Since it's a hidden file, how many other have it and don't even know it?
So, what is the story? What's the file?
It's more interesting if you look at previous versions under properties.
Love to see some ideas, guesses, suggestions etc.
Do you have the hidden file ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B" in your One Drive too?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-10-31T18:51:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-10-27T17:37:41+00:00 I am having the same issue and cannot figure out how to get rid of that file for the life of me. I am glad I am not the only one... Get it together OneDrive!!!
-
Anonymous
2015-10-12T18:41:30+00:00 I'm still having trouble getting rid of file ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B". If I close the onedrive application, I can no longer find the file. It doesn't show up in the One Drive folder. It doesn't show up on the One Drive website. I search for it and it can't be found. But as soon as I start the One Drive application again, the file reappears. I can see it from both of my computers running One Drive. If I try to delete the file, it won't let me because the file is being used by OneDrive. If I leave the delete file dialog open, close OneDrive, and then click on 'try again', it still won't delete the file because it can't find the file.
Only one of the computers seems to have problems syncing, including the problem that it's always trying to download another file (presumably .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B) without actually downloading anything. The problem computer often says that files are not synced, but when I open them up, they're up to date on both computers.
The other computer says that it's up to date, but it won't let me delete the 0kb .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B file, either. How do I fix this?!
-
Anonymous
2015-07-07T21:29:42+00:00 This worked for me. Good luck!
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23676827/how-force-delete-the-file-on-hard-drive-in-windows-7
-
Anonymous
2015-06-02T20:31:05+00:00 I think we agree - delete the offender, follow the steps you described and it stops causing problems. I was curious so I kept digging in to it. I am beyond the curiosity now. I am happy now that the problems have stopped.
Noël