One Drive File: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B

Anonymous
2015-05-23T16:41:52+00:00

I see that several others have a file with exactly the same name in One Drive.  Surely this is no coincidence.  Since it's a hidden file, how many other have it and don't even know it?    

So, what is the story?  What's the file?

It's more interesting if you look at previous versions under properties. 

Love to see some ideas, guesses, suggestions etc.  

Do you have the hidden file ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B" in your One Drive too?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-17T05:11:12+00:00

    well... actually, this file, as long as I can tell is a file used FOR OneDrive, it is hidden because it is saved in command "/s /h" which means the file will be considered as important for the system, it is not a problem, but a file that updates, it is not meant to be seen, that's why, if you close OneDrive file, you can't find it. It is like an updater, it keeps syncing because there is new data arriving into it (Thanks, Microsoft, just like Riot Games), it is just that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-22T17:47:40+00:00

    I've never seen this before on my PC until today, after I downloaded an update for EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter from ION USB Products. This could be coincidental. I'd certainly like to think that a piece of kit that was bought from John Lewis wouldn't leave us open for some sort of cyber attack, if that's what these numbers amount to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-28T23:00:01+00:00

    It's not a virus.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-24T16:39:42+00:00

    Nice work. How do you know that it belongs to a virus and is not from Microsoft itself? Has any security software flagged the file yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-24T14:02:40+00:00

    I already disable one drive and erased the files from one drive live account and erased the data from local drive and rebooted my laptop... and still, nothing, it reappears.

    I said to myself if its not in the cloud and not in the local drive where can it be... so I chased tha m.f and I nailed it, the data it's link to a video in the Microsoft database, so the problem it's not  just ours, the virus has many subfolders with a scrip like z...z...z..z......zzzz and affects google chrome in first hand ... so I decided to reinstall windows 10 erasing all files ... and what do you think it reappeared so... I decided to change the settings of one drive and because I don't use one drive I don't deal with that virus anymore... It's in Microsoft database flying between junk data, to solve the problem we need Microsoft to update its database...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments