One Drive File: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B

Anonymous
2015-05-23T16:41:52+00:00

I see that several others have a file with exactly the same name in One Drive.  Surely this is no coincidence.  Since it's a hidden file, how many other have it and don't even know it?    

So, what is the story?  What's the file?

It's more interesting if you look at previous versions under properties. 

Love to see some ideas, guesses, suggestions etc.  

Do you have the hidden file ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B" in your One Drive too?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-20T23:01:21+00:00

    I have the exact same 'file' if it can be call one (no file type extension).  It exists in every single library that I have synced to my machine and the modified date updates to the exact time and date that I log onto my machine every morning.  I have no idea what it's purpose is and would love to find the answer(s) too.  One Drive has done some wonky things since day one....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-25T20:18:02+00:00

    So what you are saying is that no one has been able to delete this file from One Drive???? How do we solve this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-04T05:52:50+00:00

    Well here's what I did and the pop-up that keeps advising me about the file with the not allowed name that keeps bugging me is no longer bugging me. I uninstalled OneDrive from my system and no more pop-ups about the  rogue file. I suppose now I will have to re-install OneDrive and see what happens. But at least for now it has stopped bugging me about the file that can't be fount!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-26T14:21:07+00:00

    No one's asleep at the wheel here.  This is a system file.  System files are needed by systems, for system type things, and this one seems to have a strange name. Recommend that you hide it, and then get on with your life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-02T20:55:54+00:00

    I would try "explicit permissions" thus it "copies" the original permissions to each object

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments