I see that several others have a file with exactly the same name in One Drive. Surely this is no coincidence. Since it's a hidden file, how many other have it and don't even know it?
So, what is the story? What's the file?
It's more interesting if you look at previous versions under properties.
Love to see some ideas, guesses, suggestions etc.
Do you have the hidden file ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B" in your One Drive too?
One Drive File: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B
I see that several others have a file with exactly the same name in One Drive. Surely this is no coincidence. Since it's a hidden file, how many other have it and don't even know it?
So, what is the story? What's the file?
It's more interesting if you look at previous versions under properties.
Love to see some ideas, guesses, suggestions etc.
Do you have the hidden file ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B" in your One Drive too?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-12-31T21:09:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-10-08T22:37:43+00:00 Have you not read any previous replies.
This is a system file, primarily so the One Drive can sync itself to every file you want backed up, this means it updates without saving every single file again just the new ones added so it doesn't clutter up your Onedrive capacity with numerous, huge backups. Its how dropbox works and numerous other backup programs.
Forget it, its encrypted so no-one can steal your data and has that kind of file name for a reason.
-
Anonymous
2018-09-20T23:01:21+00:00 I have the exact same 'file' if it can be call one (no file type extension). It exists in every single library that I have synced to my machine and the modified date updates to the exact time and date that I log onto my machine every morning. I have no idea what it's purpose is and would love to find the answer(s) too. One Drive has done some wonky things since day one....
-
Anonymous
2018-08-25T20:18:02+00:00 So what you are saying is that no one has been able to delete this file from One Drive???? How do we solve this problem?
-
Anonymous
2018-05-02T20:55:54+00:00 I would try "explicit permissions" thus it "copies" the original permissions to each object