One Drive File: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B

Anonymous
2015-05-23T16:41:52+00:00

I see that several others have a file with exactly the same name in One Drive.  Surely this is no coincidence.  Since it's a hidden file, how many other have it and don't even know it?    

So, what is the story?  What's the file?

It's more interesting if you look at previous versions under properties. 

Love to see some ideas, guesses, suggestions etc.  

Do you have the hidden file ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B" in your One Drive too?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-22T20:55:48+00:00

    Hello, I found how to remove the obnoxious lookig ".849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B"

    Please follow these instructions carefully backing up your system...(Please right click on OneDrive icon in system tray and "Exit" 

    1- right click on OneDrive icon by clicking on folder menu

    2- Click on Properties

    3- Click on Security

    4- Under Group and user name, choose the long series of numbers you will see

    5- Click on 'Advanced" 

    6- Choose again the same long series of numbers group/user etc

    7- Click on :Disable Inheritance.  Then click OK. 

    8- Click again on OneDrive icon from the folder list

    9- Click Continue and you will see all of your listed folders. Enjoy the Day! Good Luck

    Please be extra extra careful and always backup your system just in case....

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-01T06:31:16+00:00

    How can I turn Off One Drive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-07T21:29:42+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-02T20:31:05+00:00

    I think we agree - delete the offender, follow the steps you described and it stops causing problems.  I was curious so I kept digging in to it.  I am beyond the curiosity now.  I am happy now that the problems have stopped.  

    Noël

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-27T17:37:41+00:00

    I am having the same issue and cannot figure out how to get rid of that file for the life of me.  I am glad I am not the only one... Get it together OneDrive!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments