How to download KB2976978 on Windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2015-06-26T17:25:19+00:00

Please Leave a link to download.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-27T11:10:13+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This update is provided as an Optional Update through Windows Update for the Windows 8.1 Operating System.

Refer the article to know how to get this Update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976978

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T01:42:23+00:00

    Microsoft is running me in circles. I try an use the Windows update catalog and the browser setting is supposedly wrong. I check and I have the correct setting. It says I don't have KB2976978 when it was installed 15 July 2015 successfully. I have Explorer 11 and it tells me I can't do something because I need a browser newer than Explorer 6. I have 5 computers all eligible for upgrade and none have the app.

    Makes me want to quit Microsoft or just stay at 8.1 pro.

    FINALLY a solution!  Download and run Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, and it installs Windows 10 for you.  Yeah!!

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T02:02:36+00:00

    My update history shows I have KB2976978 installed, but when I ask for the troubleshooter to tell me why I don't have the window symbol on my taskbar, it tell me I don't have KB2976978

    Thank you for your post. This is the exact problem I have (so far). I also went to the download page for Windows 10 and it failed to download five times, and gave me a message that "if" a solution was found they would notify me. Originally, I had to do a factory wipe and reinstall of windows and lost my icon for the free download. I have searched for two days, and attempted every credible method to regain my icon, but nothing has worked.   Good Luck !!!   ILJC

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T03:39:16+00:00

    After i uninstalled it and restarted It came back.. Im running 8.1 windows once i did the updates thats when my icon was gone so i went thru the updates and got rid of the optional one.. If u had the icon there before the update then it may be one of the updates thats causing the problem which really you would just have to figure out which.. Hope it helps..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T03:42:18+00:00

    Np hope it helps..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments