How to download KB2976978 on Windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2015-06-26T17:25:19+00:00

Please Leave a link to download.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-27T11:10:13+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This update is provided as an Optional Update through Windows Update for the Windows 8.1 Operating System.

Refer the article to know how to get this Update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976978

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-24T07:41:40+00:00

    No help whatsoever - the question was how or where can I download the app not send me a link to more useless microsoft rubbish

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-28T21:53:15+00:00

    It is not optional if it's required to get the Windows 10 upgrade.  Nor was I ever asked about it when I downloaded and installed 8.1.  

    And I love the runaround from Microsoft - 

    "This is missing.  Where do I get it?"

    "Read this article on how to get it."

    Just a heads up, geniuses at Microsoft: when someone asks where to get something that should have already been included in a download, they are NOT asking to be directed to an article!  Point them directly to a download so they can do what they need to do and get on with their lives.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-01T16:47:23+00:00

    OMG. This totally worked for me! Brand new 8.1 install, I did a bunch of Windows Updates to get up to speed, and couldn't see the icon. Removed the update you suggested, and now it works. Thanks so much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-13T17:04:28+00:00

    what a useless sad load we find at the microsoft support centre

    why can't they just provide a download link?

    because it's too easy and they can string us all along for months supporting the support system

    they make me feel poorly

    just like the dinosaurs; they'll think all is fine until the morning they just don't wake up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments