How to download KB2976978 on Windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2015-06-26T17:25:19+00:00

Please Leave a link to download.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-27T11:10:13+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This update is provided as an Optional Update through Windows Update for the Windows 8.1 Operating System.

Refer the article to know how to get this Update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976978

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T13:11:34+00:00

    Same here.  I've tried downloading and installing KB2976978 4 times and each time it tells me I have installed successfully, even shows up in my update history as being installed successfully, but alas the troubleshooter tells me it isn't installed.  It's driving me nuts

    Ditto!!  I've spent hours doing this over and over again and it gets me nowhere!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T13:08:37+00:00

    Exact same issue, over and over again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T12:53:35+00:00

    Yes, I also use an alienware at Windows 8.1 and face the same problems as my fellow users above, leaving a note to get notifications when patches are available :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T11:39:29+00:00

    I updated to 8.1 and the troubleshooter says i am running 6.3!...I checked everything else and all i need is this stupid update download...microsoft strikes again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments