How to download KB2976978 on Windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2015-06-26T17:25:19+00:00

Please Leave a link to download.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-27T11:10:13+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This update is provided as an Optional Update through Windows Update for the Windows 8.1 Operating System.

Refer the article to know how to get this Update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976978

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T07:34:52+00:00

    Yesterday I replied on this post about going from forum to forum, and not finding a direct link to download the updateKB2976978.  I searched for a couple hours after the fact, and found an answer!!! 

    Copy and paste, or click on the following link.

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

    1. Download the 32bit or 64bit version
    2. Left double click to launch .exe
    3. You'll get two options, choose the one for upgrade/install
    4. You'll go through a set up and yada yada yada........
    5. Important!!!  You will be asked if you want to save your settings and personal files, make sure both boxes are checked.  Then continue.....  Windows 10 will download (pretty quick I might add), install, and validate itself.  You don't have to do it manually.  When all is said and done, you pc will restart and will bring you to your logon screen.  You password will be the same as it was, as will be your settings.  It may take a few minutes to load at first, because some software will need to update because of the new install.  I have games, video, autocad, and other productivity software.......  Everything works!  I lost or needed to reinstall nothing!!  I have to give credit where it is due.....  Microsoft did do a great job with Windows 10!  No issues and no problems as of yet, and I've been pushing this os with lots of software.  The Windows 10 download tool will get updates for you, you don't need to look for or chase down anything.  I'm guessing they released it because people like myself have a genuine version of windows, but can't get the ever so elusive icon to show up.  Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T07:12:12+00:00

    Thank you WarsawGG. 

    I went to the Control Panel/Programs and uninstalled both updates KB2976978 and KB3055343 then rebooted my computer.  I then only installed KB2975978 and again rebooted.  KB3055343 is optional so did not install it.  My Get Windows 10 icon is now back.

    Thanks so much to the Community.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T03:42:18+00:00

    Np hope it helps..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T03:39:16+00:00

    After i uninstalled it and restarted It came back.. Im running 8.1 windows once i did the updates thats when my icon was gone so i went thru the updates and got rid of the optional one.. If u had the icon there before the update then it may be one of the updates thats causing the problem which really you would just have to figure out which.. Hope it helps..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments