How to download KB2976978 on Windows 8.1?

Anonymous
2015-06-26T17:25:19+00:00

Please Leave a link to download.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-27T11:10:13+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

This update is provided as an Optional Update through Windows Update for the Windows 8.1 Operating System.

Refer the article to know how to get this Update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976978

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-01T15:29:46+00:00

    good man thank you, saved me losing my sanity, going round in circles, excellent result thanks again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-01T15:28:40+00:00

    I got the suggestion to go into Program/view updates and uninstall both 2976978 and 305534, then only installed 2976978.  It worked and I got the Get Windows icon back.  355343 is optional so have not re-installed it.  Hope this works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-01T08:11:52+00:00

    I'm crashing here, after choosing to update the loader goes a few rounds and the window disappears though I meet the updates for the requirement. Any suggestions captain?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T07:36:36+00:00

    Gentlemen :  Success in downloading Windows 10

    Go to this link, and read the instructions. 

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

    Earlier today this failed five times, but this evening I was successful in downloading Windows 10.

    Please do check out Cortana very carefully. It does track EVERYTHING you do online, but you can also delete the history, etc like you do in any browser.

    After watching the tutorial for Cortana, set up your microphone and play with it.  As it says, Ask me anything". Math, history, science, etc etc, including browsing by .com or interests, and launching your apps verbally.

    I am so amazed.

    Blessings in Jesus to all.   ENJOY

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments