Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 printer not enough resources

Anonymous
2015-02-09T04:43:26+00:00

I have been trying to print for the past few day to no avail. I have gone to services and tried to manually start the stopped spooler, but this error keeps popping up. "0x800706b9 printer not enough resources". I am running windows 8.1 and I have a canon printer. I have already gone to the registry editor and got rid of the "http" in the spools folder. Please help...I desperately need to able to print.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-10T03:19:52+00:00

Hello Jason,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

What is the make and model of your computer?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

This issue may occur if the installed device driver is corrupt or if the driver is not installed properly.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run printer troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.

b. Click "View all" and then click "Printer".

c. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Please follow these steps and check the issue.

a. Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc in run window and press Enter.

b. In services, stop "Print Spooler" service.

c. In Windows explorer, navigate to the following folder location and open "PRINTERS" folder.

C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

d. Click "Continue" or "Yes", if message prompts.

e. Delete all files in "PRINTERS" folder and then close Windows explorer.

Note: Please do not delete "PRINTERS" folder. Only delete its contents.

f. Open services, and start "Print Spooler" service.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-12T09:01:51+00:00

    Hello Tom,

    Thank you for updating us on the issue.

    I appreciate your patience.

    Please refer to suggestions marked as answer by Roger lu Microsoft contingent staff, Moderator on

    Monday, November 25, 2013 and check the issue.

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/a2a7228e-db5f-45c2-9a6d-a940c0b51971/windows-81-upgrde-caused-printers-to-disappear?forum=w8itproappcompat

    Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

    I hope it helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-11T23:47:01+00:00

    I tried everything proposed on this page and still have the same issue as described.

    Both SFC and CHKDSK had some (minor) repairs to do but in the end the problem persists. I had high hopes for the last proposal, but that too did not seem to make a difference. (Regardless if trying in the admin account or a new user account.)

    The strange thing is that we tried printing some PDF and up to that point all was fine. No new software or plugin was installed since the last successful print. So it almost seems that the spooler self destruct. (HP CP1525nw printer).

    I looked at a bunch of other blogs where the same issue has been discussed. I have yet to find a solution.

    Windows 8.1

    Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-05T05:04:56+00:00

    Hello Joe,

    Thank you for the update.

    I appreciate your time.

    I would suggest you to rebuild print spooler service and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

    a. Press Windows + R keys, type notepad in run window and press Enter.

    b. In notepad, copy and paste the following:

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler]

    "DisplayName"="@%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1"

    "ErrorControl"=dword:00000001

    "Group"="SpoolerGroup"

    *"ImagePath"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,*

    *74,00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,*

    00,70,00,6f,00,6f,00,6c,00,73,00,76,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,00,00

    "Start"=dword:00000002

    "Type"=dword:00000110

    "Description"="@%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-2"

    *"DependOnService"=hex(7):52,00,50,00,43,00,53,00,53,00,00,00,68,00,74,00,74,00,*

    70,00,00,00,00,00

    "ObjectName"="LocalSystem"

    "ServiceSidType"=dword:00000001

    *"RequiredPrivileges"=hex(7):53,00,65,00,54,00,63,00,62,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,*

    *00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,49,00,6d,00,70,00,65,00,*

    *72,00,73,00,6f,00,6e,00,61,00,74,00,65,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,*

    *00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,41,00,75,00,64,00,69,00,74,00,50,00,*

    *72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,43,00,68,*

    *00,61,00,6e,00,67,00,65,00,4e,00,6f,00,74,00,69,00,66,00,79,00,50,00,72,00,*

    *69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,41,00,73,00,73,*

    *00,69,00,67,00,6e,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,6d,00,61,00,72,00,79,00,54,00,6f,00,*

    *6b,00,65,00,6e,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,*

    *00,53,00,65,00,4c,00,6f,00,61,00,64,00,44,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,65,00,72,00,*

    50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,00,00

    *"FailureActions"=hex:10,0e,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,14,00,00,*

    00,01,00,00,00,88,13,00,00,01,00,00,00,88,13,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler\Performance]

    "Close"="PerfClose"

    "Collect Timeout"=dword:000007d0

    "Object List"="1450"

    "Open"="PerfOpen"

    "Collect"="PerfCollect"

    "Open Timeout"=dword:00000fa0

    "Library"="C:\Windows\System32\winspool.drv"

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler\Security]

    *"Security"=hex:01,00,14,80,78,00,00,00,84,00,00,00,14,00,00,00,30,00,00,00,02,*

    *00,1c,00,01,00,00,00,02,80,14,00,ff,01,0f,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,*

    *00,00,02,00,48,00,03,00,00,00,00,00,14,00,8d,01,02,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,00,*

    *05,0b,00,00,00,00,00,18,00,ff,01,0f,00,01,02,00,00,00,00,00,05,20,00,00,00,*

    *20,02,00,00,00,00,14,00,fd,01,02,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,00,05,12,00,00,00,01,*

    01,00,00,00,00,00,05,12,00,00,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,00,05,12,00,00,00

    c. Save the file as .reg file on the desktop.

    d. Right click .reg file and select run as administrator.

    e. Click yes, when message prompts.

    Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

    I hope this information helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-04T22:40:58+00:00

    I already have an account. I signed on and everything seems fine. The print spooler still does not start

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments