Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 printer not enough resources

Anonymous
2015-02-09T04:43:26+00:00

I have been trying to print for the past few day to no avail. I have gone to services and tried to manually start the stopped spooler, but this error keeps popping up. "0x800706b9 printer not enough resources". I am running windows 8.1 and I have a canon printer. I have already gone to the registry editor and got rid of the "http" in the spools folder. Please help...I desperately need to able to print.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-10T03:19:52+00:00

Hello Jason,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

What is the make and model of your computer?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

This issue may occur if the installed device driver is corrupt or if the driver is not installed properly.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run printer troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.

b. Click "View all" and then click "Printer".

c. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Please follow these steps and check the issue.

a. Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc in run window and press Enter.

b. In services, stop "Print Spooler" service.

c. In Windows explorer, navigate to the following folder location and open "PRINTERS" folder.

C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

d. Click "Continue" or "Yes", if message prompts.

e. Delete all files in "PRINTERS" folder and then close Windows explorer.

Note: Please do not delete "PRINTERS" folder. Only delete its contents.

f. Open services, and start "Print Spooler" service.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-05T18:00:46+00:00

    I have the same problem, i have windows 10 home edition 64 bit, when i went to the PRINTERS folder, the folder was already empty and then i attempted to start the spool service but it gave me the same error message again,

    please reply as soon as possible, as i have important documents to print

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-28T03:22:46+00:00

    Hello William,

    Thank you for the reply.

    I appreciate your time and patience.

    I am sorry for late response.

    I hope that you have tried all suggestions provided in the previous posts?

    However, you may run Microsoft safety scanner to check and remove any virus or malware which may be causing the issue.

    Refer:

    Microsoft safety scanner

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

    Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

    Please keep us updated.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-28T00:16:55+00:00

    Same here.  I tried every other solution mentioned above with no success.  Hitmanpro found the problematic 3rd party malware and fixed it.  Rebooted and the issue was resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-27T02:58:09+00:00

    Guys i was having the same issue and this is how i solved it : download Hitmanpro,

    run it, its going to detect whats wrong and fix it, restart your PC and voila

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments