Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 printer not enough resources

Anonymous
2015-02-09T04:43:26+00:00

I have been trying to print for the past few day to no avail. I have gone to services and tried to manually start the stopped spooler, but this error keeps popping up. "0x800706b9 printer not enough resources". I am running windows 8.1 and I have a canon printer. I have already gone to the registry editor and got rid of the "http" in the spools folder. Please help...I desperately need to able to print.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-10T03:19:52+00:00

Hello Jason,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

What is the make and model of your computer?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

This issue may occur if the installed device driver is corrupt or if the driver is not installed properly.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run printer troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.

b. Click "View all" and then click "Printer".

c. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Please follow these steps and check the issue.

a. Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc in run window and press Enter.

b. In services, stop "Print Spooler" service.

c. In Windows explorer, navigate to the following folder location and open "PRINTERS" folder.

C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

d. Click "Continue" or "Yes", if message prompts.

e. Delete all files in "PRINTERS" folder and then close Windows explorer.

Note: Please do not delete "PRINTERS" folder. Only delete its contents.

f. Open services, and start "Print Spooler" service.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-02T10:24:38+00:00

    Hello Joe,

    Thank you for the reply.

    I am sorry for late response.

    I appreciate your efforts and patience.

    I would suggest you to check the issue in a new user account as it may cause due to corrupt user profile.

    Refer this article:

    Create a user account

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

    I hope it helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-29T19:47:13+00:00

    I am having the same issues. I have tried everything suggested and it still doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-25T12:45:39+00:00

    Hello Willard,

    Thank you for your response.

    I appreciate your time.

    I would suggest you to run system file checker(SFC) and see if it helps.

    Please refer this article:

    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

    http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

    System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

    Note: It may ask for Windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

    Please also use suggestions provided in this article and check the issue.

    Refer:

    Fix printer problems

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/printer-problems-in-windows-help#fix-printer-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

    I hope this helps.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-24T22:36:40+00:00

    I also have this problem. I am on a Window 8.1 64 bit machine. I cannot print.

    I have tried the printer troubleshooter approach without success.

    I tried the services.msc approach, tried to start the spooler got the "0x800706b9 not enough resources" error message. Made sure all other dependent resources were running.

    I tried going into C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS and removing any files, but there weren't any files in that folder

    I tried two different regedit approaches:

    1- goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler for the DependOnService, remove the http string, then restart your computer and try to restart the spooler

    2- There was another case where you went into RPC Register, but there was suppose to be an Internet level, but there wasn't an Internet level in my register.

    I cannot remove the Printer and reinstall it (I need the spooler to be running for some reason)

    I am stuck. I have tried everything the internet has suggested up to this point. What else can I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments