Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 printer not enough resources

Anonymous
2015-02-09T04:43:26+00:00

I have been trying to print for the past few day to no avail. I have gone to services and tried to manually start the stopped spooler, but this error keeps popping up. "0x800706b9 printer not enough resources". I am running windows 8.1 and I have a canon printer. I have already gone to the registry editor and got rid of the "http" in the spools folder. Please help...I desperately need to able to print.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-10T03:19:52+00:00

Hello Jason,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

What is the make and model of your computer?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

This issue may occur if the installed device driver is corrupt or if the driver is not installed properly.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run printer troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.

b. Click "View all" and then click "Printer".

c. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Please follow these steps and check the issue.

a. Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc in run window and press Enter.

b. In services, stop "Print Spooler" service.

c. In Windows explorer, navigate to the following folder location and open "PRINTERS" folder.

C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

d. Click "Continue" or "Yes", if message prompts.

e. Delete all files in "PRINTERS" folder and then close Windows explorer.

Note: Please do not delete "PRINTERS" folder. Only delete its contents.

f. Open services, and start "Print Spooler" service.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-04T20:12:56+00:00

    Microsoft response how to turn the print spooler error not enough resources

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-24T11:47:45+00:00

    Hi, I Fixed it, after browsing on google.

    It was jus some Malwares messing up with my windows profile.

    I used Hitman Pro and Adware Removal Tool by TSA

    After restarting the computer, all was OK,

    Found the solution here

    https://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-fix-print-sp

    Hope is the same to you

    SILVERMOZ

    Silvermoz.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-17T10:23:18+00:00

    Scan the computer using Hitman pro, it will detect the problem. Fix and reboot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-08T11:42:25+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for the reply.

    I appreciate your patience.

    You may install all latest available important updates from Windows updateand check.

    You may also send feedback about Windows 10 using Windows feedback app which is a built-in app.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments