Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 printer not enough resources

Anonymous
2015-02-09T04:43:26+00:00

I have been trying to print for the past few day to no avail. I have gone to services and tried to manually start the stopped spooler, but this error keeps popping up. "0x800706b9 printer not enough resources". I am running windows 8.1 and I have a canon printer. I have already gone to the registry editor and got rid of the "http" in the spools folder. Please help...I desperately need to able to print.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-10T03:19:52+00:00

Hello Jason,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

What is the make and model of your computer?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

This issue may occur if the installed device driver is corrupt or if the driver is not installed properly.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run printer troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.

b. Click "View all" and then click "Printer".

c. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Please follow these steps and check the issue.

a. Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc in run window and press Enter.

b. In services, stop "Print Spooler" service.

c. In Windows explorer, navigate to the following folder location and open "PRINTERS" folder.

C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

d. Click "Continue" or "Yes", if message prompts.

e. Delete all files in "PRINTERS" folder and then close Windows explorer.

Note: Please do not delete "PRINTERS" folder. Only delete its contents.

f. Open services, and start "Print Spooler" service.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-21T21:16:45+00:00

    Hi, when I go to modify and delete there is no http to delete for me it just says RPCSS. No http so I dont know what to delete.

    Nothing you  may  have a bad spooler program  or missing  driver or they arwill corrupted you will learn to find them and replace it them. You can fix this problem  if there is pending Prinuts in the queue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-21T19:44:24+00:00

    Hi, when I go to modify and delete there is no http to delete for me it just says RPCSS. No http so I dont know what to delete.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-09T21:10:25+00:00

    This did not work for me......I tried everything to the T

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-06T21:15:57+00:00

    Still not able to get printer to work.  I have the HP Officejet Pro 6830.  When I tried to install the "rebuild the print spooler file " I received this message,  " file is not a registry script.  You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.  Why can MS not fix this issue?  

    Minor Cole 

    Windows 8.1

    AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD graphics  1.50 GHZ

    8.00 GB RAM

    64-bit OS, x64-based processor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments