Is Windows Media Player still available in Windows 10?
It is still there.
Press Windows key + R
Type: wmplayer.exe
Hit Enter
Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.
The CD and DVD burning wizard is still availale.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
If windows 10 does not have a media player, how will we burn CD's?
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Is Windows Media Player still available in Windows 10?
It is still there.
Press Windows key + R
Type: wmplayer.exe
Hit Enter
Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.
The CD and DVD burning wizard is still availale.
Win10 does have Windows media player [it's media center that has disappeared]
See the similar questions at
Windows 10 + Windows Media Player (I know the name will be changed)
Hello nbray6. The disk may not have been as "blank" as you think. In the older Windows versions, when the os encountered a new disk, it "knew" about mediaplayer, so the os gave you the option of formatting the disk either for data or audio. W/10 gives a couple of new-disk options and one of them looks like format-for-audio, but I think it really isn't, it's just another data format option. Ignore them, and just do the mediaplayer burn to the unformatted disk.
I am having the same issues. I really don't want to install another media player just to burn a C.D.-R
Hello joshenstein. As Andre pointed out, the media player is already there. Following his steps does not do an install -- you won't see any messages about wizards. The steps went pretty quickly, and my taskbar isn't too crowded. Like you, I liked the old way better.