Burn CD's with windows 10

Anonymous
2015-06-03T02:07:21+00:00

If windows 10 does not have a media player, how will we burn CD's?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-03T04:43:52+00:00

Is Windows Media Player still available in Windows 10?

It is still there.

Press Windows key + R

Type: wmplayer.exe

Hit Enter

Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.

The CD and DVD burning wizard is still availale.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-06T01:52:33+00:00

    I think you're wrong about the CD/DVD Wizard....I cannot find a way to burn a music cd! There is no "burn" function...all I can find is "play". What are the steps to burning a music cd?  I used to just find the song then find the "burn" tab then drag the song to the "burn list"....all of that is GONE!!!!!

    Update: I figured it out. When you open a music file in W10 you are not in Media Player. See my next post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-06T02:48:04+00:00

    I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! What's happening in Windows 10 is, when you go to Music, you get a list of what's on your computer but some other (stupid) program opens it, not Media Player....this other @#$!@@$% program does not appear to have the ability to burn to disk. So what's it for? Only the Windows 10 goons know. Don't know about you, but the ONLY reason songs are on MY computer is to BURN THEM TO MY OWN DISK so I can play tunes in the car...which, not being the newest only has CD playing capabilities.

    Anyway...thanks for the tip on finding Media Player in W10...although it wouldn't pin to the bottom or anywhere...

    The biggest problem with adjusting to Windows 10 is not knowing what it's doing when I try to do ordinary things. I never asked it to install...I tried to tell it I changed my mind...once I realized I wouldn't like it...but it installed on its own one night and I awoke to misery and grief. Every simple thing I use the computer for has taken me hours to relearn. First I have to figure out what the problem is (like not recognizing I wasn't in Media Player when I opened a song...it LOOKS like Media Player but it isn't) and then going on-line to try and figure out how to fix or relearn or whatever, so I can just do simple stuff.

    I know I have to "upgrade" my thinking....W10 does sometimes work faster.....so I'm trying to make it all good.

    But it cost me $50 to buy a replacement for Windows DVD Maker and days to a. figure out there wasn't a way to burn dvds anymore, b. try out several dvd burning programs to find one that had the ease and features of the original...and, weeks later, I'm still learning the new program (learned DVD Maker in a matter of minutes).

    Took me a couple of hours to figure out the problem with Media Player...now that I've used it, I need to add, it didn't work very well, crashed several times, etc.

    So I'm still not a happy camper.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-16T16:04:32+00:00

    That instruction DOES NOT WORK!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments