Is Windows Media Player still available in Windows 10?
It is still there.
Press Windows key + R
Type: wmplayer.exe
Hit Enter
Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.
The CD and DVD burning wizard is still availale.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
If windows 10 does not have a media player, how will we burn CD's?
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Is Windows Media Player still available in Windows 10?
It is still there.
Press Windows key + R
Type: wmplayer.exe
Hit Enter
Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.
The CD and DVD burning wizard is still availale.
Win10 does have Windows media player [it's media center that has disappeared]
See the similar questions at
Windows 10 + Windows Media Player (I know the name will be changed)
Andre Da Costa - I was referred to your post with my issue. Please let me tell you exactly what I have created with the Windows 7 Windows Media so you thoroughly understand my issues with Windows 10 Live Movie Creator and DVD Burner. Perhaps you have done the same and know something I am missing -
Before changing to Windows 10, I went to Windows 7's Windows "Movie Maker" in Media Center, uploaded photos and video from an anniversary party, put in titles before each of the photo sections and captions identifying some of the photos. When I finished the layout of the photos, video, and captions, I clicked on the "add music" button and added songs from my computer music library that matched what was going on in the pictures - there were usually about 5-6 songs throughout the movie I created. I then clicked on Burn to Disk, inserted a blank DVD-R and immediately, the program burned the movie - including photos, video AND music - onto the DVD. I then successfully played the DVD in 3 different DVD players attached to TVs and also played the DVD in a separate laptop computer - no problems. When I used some of these on-line DVD converters and Burners and tried to play them on a DVD player - the videos either showed an Error message on DVD players, Unrecognized format message, or the music was missing from the DVD with only the photos showing up. Additionally, when I used "Windows Live Movie Maker" in Windows 10, it burned the DVD, but the music was missing on the DVD from this program also.
If you have created a movie with music in Windows 10, burned it to a DVD and played it back in DVD player attached to a TV - please advise the steps you used to accomplish this.
Thanks,
Maureen
I was able to burn a musical video on a DVD-R disk by using the...WinX dvd Author software program. (Free download)
I have windows 10, 64 bit, Home Version....As I mentioned, I could not burn a musical video with Windows 10.
Ron
I'm sorry for only just getting round to answering
I did own up to little knowledge.- I will go furthe- ignorance.
It took me a very long time to discover there was a difference between CD and a DVD , I stll do not know about the use of the
plus or minus distinctions on some of these disks .
I would love to know where to get more 'gen' .
There are obvious mysteries about Window's 10 . But to an old
codger(87) ,may I remind you of Windows 95 .It started there .
One day ... Oh yeh....? Dream on !! Bill Doran .