Burn CD's with windows 10

Anonymous
2015-06-03T02:07:21+00:00

If windows 10 does not have a media player, how will we burn CD's?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-03T04:43:52+00:00

Is Windows Media Player still available in Windows 10?

It is still there.

Press Windows key + R

Type: wmplayer.exe

Hit Enter

Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.

The CD and DVD burning wizard is still availale.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-05T02:52:08+00:00

    Andre Da Costa - I was referred to your post with my issue. Please let me tell you exactly what I have created with the Windows 7 Windows Media so you thoroughly understand my issues with Windows 10 Live Movie Creator and DVD Burner.  Perhaps you have done the same and know something I am missing - 

    Before changing to Windows 10, I went to Windows 7's Windows "Movie Maker" in Media Center, uploaded photos and video from an anniversary party, put in titles before each of the photo sections and captions identifying some of the photos.  When I finished the layout of the photos, video, and captions, I clicked on the "add music" button and added songs from my computer music library that matched what was going on in the pictures - there were usually about 5-6 songs throughout the movie I created.  I then clicked on Burn to Disk, inserted a blank DVD-R and immediately, the program burned the movie - including photos, video AND music - onto the DVD.  I then successfully played the DVD in 3 different DVD players attached to TVs and also played the DVD in a separate laptop computer - no problems.  When I used some of these on-line DVD converters and Burners and tried to play them on a DVD player - the videos either showed an Error message on DVD players, Unrecognized format message, or the music was missing from the DVD with only the photos showing up.  Additionally, when I used "Windows Live Movie Maker" in Windows 10, it burned the DVD, but the music was missing on the DVD from this program also.

    If you have created a movie with music in Windows 10, burned it to a DVD and played it back in DVD player attached to a TV - please advise the steps you used to accomplish this.

    Thanks,

    Maureen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-04T19:37:35+00:00

    I have windows 10, 64 bit.....Mike, I have an avi file in my windows Media Playlist.  I click on ....(Data CD or DVD).....I click on, Start Burn......it burns the avi video file on to the DVD-R disk.......when I put the disk in my DVD player, I get...DISK ERROR!

    When I check the disk in my D: drive, it shows the .avi video that I just burned.

    (1 Man Show.avi) I double click on the avi video and it will play it on my computer.

    I was able to burn videos using Windows Media Player with Windows 7 that played on my DVD player. So, I know it's not the DVD player.  It even gave the option to burn the video to a DVD format....or burn it to the disk to play on the computer.

    Thanks for your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-04T15:31:13+00:00

    Media Player has never had DVD video authoring capabilities.  If all you want to do is burn a video file (such as MP4), you should burn it as a data disc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments