Burn CD's with windows 10

Anonymous
2015-06-03T02:07:21+00:00

If windows 10 does not have a media player, how will we burn CD's?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-03T04:43:52+00:00

Is Windows Media Player still available in Windows 10?

It is still there.

Press Windows key + R

Type: wmplayer.exe

Hit Enter

Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.

The CD and DVD burning wizard is still availale.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-18T04:29:21+00:00

    Jim - In Windows 7's  Media Player's Windows Movie Maker, on my desktop computer I created two home movies containing photos, video, and music I had on my desktop computer.  Then in Media Player, I burned my created movie to a DVD-R with absolutely no trouble.  The burned DVD played on my Blu-Ray DVD player as well as my two older DVD Players, and they played on the DVD players of the people I created the movie for as a gift!  The entire process was very easy and user friendly in Windows 7.  After switching to Windows 10, I spent weeks trying to figure out how to do a third home movie with pictures, video, and my music - finally completed the project in Window 10's Windows LIVE Movie Maker, HOWEVER, when I burned the movie to my DVD-R, my 3 DVD players would not recognize there was a movie on my burned DVD even though Properties showed there was something on the new DVDs.  I wasted 5 new DVDs trying to get the movie burned on the DVD, but none of my DVD players would recognize there was a movie burned on the DVD, and neither would my separate labtop computer.  Why?  Because, after a ton of research, I discovered the burning process in Windows 10 burns the movie in a completely different format from Windows 7 burned DVDs.  I then installed FlickDVD, Handbreak and something else that was recommended - none worked!  FINALLY. the free download WinX DVD Author was recommended, I installed that program on my computer, and walla - it worked!  I burned my 3rd movie on 3 separate DVDs and all 3 DVDs played back on both my Blu-Ray DVD player and the two other older DVD players along with my laptop.  FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I DO NOT KNOW WHY MICROSOFT WOULD REMOVE A GREAT, TRIED AND TESTED PROGRAM LIKE MEDIA PLAYER FROM THEIR SUPPOSED "UPGRADE" WINDOWS 10 AS IT WAS SO USER FRIENDLY AND WORKED EVERY TIME FOR ME!  I wrote Microsoft and asked them to please offer a download of Window 7's "Media Player" program with all its former components.  Maybe if everyone would write Microsoft, they would be willing to accommodate Microsoft users who loved the Media Player program! Meanwhile, WinX DVD Author will correctly burn DVDs - I just don't know about CDs.  I am now trying to figure out how to load my music CDs on to my computer and am not having any luck.  Before in Windows 7, I just inserted my music CD, clicked on something and the entire music CD would upload to my computer.  Windows 10 is not doing this now.  I suppose another 2-week project trying to figure this one out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-17T10:16:40+00:00

    I'm sorry for only just getting round to answering

    I did own up to little knowledge.- I will go furthe- ignorance.

    It took me a very long time to discover there was a difference between CD and a DVD , I stll do not know about the use of the

    plus or minus distinctions on some of these disks .

    I would love to know where to get more 'gen' .

     There are obvious mysteries about Window's 10 . But to an old

    codger(87) ,may I remind you of Windows 95 .It started there .

    One day ... Oh yeh....?    Dream on !!  Bill Doran .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-16T14:43:06+00:00

    I was able to burn a musical video on a DVD-R disk by using the...WinX dvd Author software program. (Free download)

    I have windows 10, 64 bit, Home Version....As I mentioned, I could not burn a musical video with Windows 10.

    Ron

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments