Is Windows Media Player still available in Windows 10?
It is still there.
Press Windows key + R
Type: wmplayer.exe
Hit Enter
Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.
The CD and DVD burning wizard is still availale.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
If windows 10 does not have a media player, how will we burn CD's?
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Is Windows Media Player still available in Windows 10?
It is still there.
Press Windows key + R
Type: wmplayer.exe
Hit Enter
Right click and pin it to your Taskbar.
The CD and DVD burning wizard is still availale.
Win10 does have Windows media player [it's media center that has disappeared]
See the similar questions at
Windows 10 + Windows Media Player (I know the name will be changed)
I have windows 10, 64 bit.....Mike, I have an avi file in my windows Media Playlist. I click on ....(Data CD or DVD).....I click on, Start Burn......it burns the avi video file on to the DVD-R disk.......when I put the disk in my DVD player, I get...DISK ERROR!
When I check the disk in my D: drive, it shows the .avi video that I just burned.
(1 Man Show.avi) I double click on the avi video and it will play it on my computer.
I was able to burn videos using Windows Media Player with Windows 7 that played on my DVD player. So, I know it's not the DVD player. It even gave the option to burn the video to a DVD format....or burn it to the disk to play on the computer.
Thanks for your reply.
Media Player has never had DVD video authoring capabilities. If all you want to do is burn a video file (such as MP4), you should burn it as a data disc.
The burn options for Windows 10 Media Player are: Data CD or DVD and...Audio CD.
You cannot burn a video DVD!! I tried but failed 3 times. Riuned 3 DVD-R disks.
I have not tried to burn an audio CD.
Ron D.