Page fault in nonpaged area and Memory management BSOD on startup

Anonymous
2014-12-14T21:15:50+00:00

I have been getting crashes in the last month after the first program opens following startup. The error is most often PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and sometimes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. The issue usually does not happen twice in a row. That is, when the computer restarts after crashing, it normally runs smoothly until I shut it down again. 

Running memtest for several hours came up clean. chkdsk did not appear to solve anything or reveal any problems. Windows is up to date. 

Link to minidump files:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D7F4A227A3E09142!112&authkey=!AOijjiTwDLK33ag&ithint=folder%2c

This custom built machine is approx 1.5 years old, problems began 1 month ago. 

EDIT: Crashes just started during "normal" operation instead of simply on startup.

New minidump file: 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D7F4A227A3E09142!113&authkey=!AJTkM1bofGDZSYk&ithint=file%2czip

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-01-02T05:56:35+00:00

Please run driver verifier (DV) per the instructions in the link below.

Note: Make sure to read and remember the steps to reset DV in the event of a crash, and post a link to the newly generated crash dump here.

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. Created by ZigZag3143, Co.authored by by JMH3143

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c98

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-09T00:50:23+00:00

    STACK_COMMAND:  kb

    SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  9

    SYMBOL_NAME:  BazisVirtualCDBus+137cb

    FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

    MODULE_NAME: BazisVirtualCDBus

    IMAGE_NAME:  BazisVirtualCDBus.sys

    DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4e4026c0

    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xc9_215_VRF_BazisVirtualCDBus+137cb

    BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xc9_215_VRF_BazisVirtualCDBus+137cb

    Followup: MachineOwner

    Loaded symbol image file: BazisVirtualCDBus.sys

        Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\BazisVirtualCDBus.sys

        Image name: BazisVirtualCDBus.sys

        Timestamp:        Mon Aug 08 14:11:12 2011 (4E4026C0)

    Please update or uninstall

    BazisVirtualCDBus.sys: http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=BazisVirtualCDBus.sys

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-09T01:43:07+00:00

    **************************************************************************

    *                                                                             *

    *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

    *                                                                             *

    **************************************************************************

    Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

    BugCheck C9, {215, fffff88005a6d7cb, fffff9800c276e10, 0}

    Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\BazisVirtualCDBus.sys, Win32 error 0n2

    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BazisVirtualCDBus.sys

    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BazisVirtualCDBus.sys

    Probably caused by : BazisVirtualCDBus.sys ( BazisVirtualCDBus+137cb )

    Update or remove BazisVirtualCDBus.sys version 3.6.0.0 :

    http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/

    You could enquire in the forums whether others have had the same problem:

    http://forum.sysprogs.com/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-09T04:22:18+00:00

    Oh, I remember installing that program. A light ISO mounter. 

    I just downloaded a Memtest ISO to test, and it doesn't appear to be working anymore. 

    No idea why that would cause the entire rig to crash, though. 

    I uninstalled it and deleted the associated driver using Autoruns.

    Will report back if crashes continue. 

    Would it be prudent to continue running driver verifier to weed out problematic drivers?

    EDIT: Just ran Driver Verifier again, was able to use my system normally for about 10 mins, then "athrx.sys" caused a Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal, a google search shows that the best solution is an update. 

    I've noticed a pattern that I'd like to explain. Here is my daily computer use experience:

    1. Boot up computer after it has been off all night.
    2. Experience BSOD 1-5 minutes after reaching desktop.
    3. Boot up computer, and use computer normally for several hours no problem. I get a crash here on rare occasions.
    4. Leave computer idle for some length of time.
    5. Wake up computer from sleep mode and notice that it had crashed and recovered at some point.
    6. Everything keeps running perfectly.
    7. Turn computer off for the night.

    I'm not sure if this helps, but I thought I was better off being specific. 

    EDIT: Updated athrx.sys from v8.0.0.376 to v10.0.0.297

    Also sincerely hoping I installed the correct driver. There were a lot of options. 

    Used Atheros site: Atheros Wireless Drivers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-10T12:47:40+00:00

    FWIW I got the same answer:

    https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=38&system=6

    Trying another approach I stalled here:

    http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/?categoryid=212

    Which model do you have?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments