Page fault in nonpaged area and Memory management BSOD on startup

Anonymous
2014-12-14T21:15:50+00:00

I have been getting crashes in the last month after the first program opens following startup. The error is most often PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and sometimes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. The issue usually does not happen twice in a row. That is, when the computer restarts after crashing, it normally runs smoothly until I shut it down again. 

Running memtest for several hours came up clean. chkdsk did not appear to solve anything or reveal any problems. Windows is up to date. 

Link to minidump files:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D7F4A227A3E09142!112&authkey=!AOijjiTwDLK33ag&ithint=folder%2c

This custom built machine is approx 1.5 years old, problems began 1 month ago. 

EDIT: Crashes just started during "normal" operation instead of simply on startup.

New minidump file: 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D7F4A227A3E09142!113&authkey=!AJTkM1bofGDZSYk&ithint=file%2czip

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-01-02T05:56:35+00:00

Please run driver verifier (DV) per the instructions in the link below.

Note: Make sure to read and remember the steps to reset DV in the event of a crash, and post a link to the newly generated crash dump here.

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. Created by ZigZag3143, Co.authored by by JMH3143

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c98

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-01-12T22:04:30+00:00

    You are Welcome and thanks for the feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-12T19:39:03+00:00

    It's been 3 days and have had no issues. I'm going to mark this thread as solved. 

    I can't thank you both enough for helping me do this. You saved me a great deal of time and possibly money. Thanks for sticking with me for this whole last month, it has been very informative. 

    Downloaded BlueScreenView. 

    Thanks to you I should be able to solve a variety of driver-related problems on my own.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-12T00:23:53+00:00

    Sorry for the delay. I just read your last post. If your system is stable, I wouldn't worry about it. Wait and see. If you run into more trouble, then I would suggest that you run a memtest, and if any errors are found, then you have to replace them.

    You can learn how to test your memory here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-12T00:02:28+00:00

    FWIW I got the same answer:

    https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=38&system=6

    Trying another approach I stalled here:

    http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/?categoryid=212

    Which model do you have?

    I have the TL-WN881ND or this model. I updated the driver accordingly and my wifi seems to be working smoothly. 

    It's been two days and I haven't crashed. I don't want to get my hopes too high but I'm starting to think that this might have been the culprit. 

    EDIT: re-enabled my DVD drive. The driver that was causing issues has been disabled via autoruns. Hopefully this doesn't cause me issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments