Update Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software to version 12.8.0.1016
Please download and run ADWCleaner and upload a copy of the report produced to your OneDrive. Remove all that it finds.
Try deleting idstore.sst at "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking\idstore.sst"
To eliminate recurring Event ID: 10 errors in your Application log please run the Fix it in this KB Article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2545227
Update or remove PxHlpa64.sys which is a Sonic DVD/CD driver.
Thank you.
Updated Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software
Ran ADWCleaner
ADWCleaner[R0].txt:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D7F4A227A3E09142!126&authkey=!AJE-jJcxB2LFHqA&ithint=file%2ctxt
Deleted idstore.sst
Ran MicrosoftFixit50688.msi
I disabled the DVD drive that was using PxHlpa64.sys. Attempting to run automatic updates was unsuccessful ("Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.")
What is the preferred method of removing PxHlpa64.sys? Uninstall the DVD drive entirely or manually delete the single file?
Thank you again for everything.
EDIT:
Possibly important note: Windows attempted to update last night on computer shutdown and got stuck on update step 2/2. This continued the full night until I stopped by hard resetting the next morning (approx 6 hours later). Should I now be worried about
corrupt system files?