I think we have to seriously wonder why this company hasn't already fixed this problem for us.
I think, for one thing, there are too many people posting on various sites around the Net for it to be claimed by company executives that this should not be a concern for them because it is only bothering a few people with bad machines. In other words, I think we can point the finger at Microsoft being at the heart of the problem without being shot down as fools.
By the way, I used the "turn off Windows Update" technique to stop the Task Manager from going beserk all the time and I see that the MSE program still gets its updates without any trouble. I assume somebody has already posted that information, but I will confirm that turning off Windows Update doesn't cause trouble with MSE, if anyone is interested.
A question, if I may, is there any other thread on the Net that can claim to be the definitive thread on this topic?