you might think of trying crossing the border to get the update, if that is at all is possible???
Don't be silly, that's not how things work.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1020), running IE 11.
Issue: Several, but not all, web pages generate the same error:
"We're having trouble displyaing this page. We're having trouble with the page you're trying to reach and can't open it right now. Try the following: Refresh the page or try again later."
Example: Mobile.aa.com loads fine. When I tap "Login", the login page generates the error.
AND, if I set the phone to use the desktop pages (not mobile), www.aa.com loads fine, and when I try to log in, I get the same error.
I have verified the sites are working (I can log in to both the mobile and desktop sites via Chrome, Firefox, and IE on an Android phone and Windows 7 laptop).
I have verified with the carrier it isn't them (the Android phone is on their network). I can send/receive emails, texts, SMS, both via wifi and LTE data. And when a web page works, it works regardless of whether I am on wifi or LTE (cellular) data. And the error occurs regardless of whether I am on wifi or cellular data.
Help! These sites are rather critical to me.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
you might think of trying crossing the border to get the update, if that is at all is possible???
Don't be silly, that's not how things work.
Just kidding. It's probably coming soon to the USA.
Problem eventually solved with the Denim update.
I have the same problem. Ironically, Microsoft's own website https://products.office.com refuses to open! When it does open after waiting a long time, it opens in the minimal HTML mode where the menus on the website are rendered like a nested unordered list.
I first noticed this problem about a year ago on my Lumia Icon. Soon after, I installed Windows Phone 10 technical preview on it, where the problem was not seen! That was one of the reasons I was forced to continue using Windows Phone 10 technical preview despite other issues at that time. (Now it is much better, so it's a different story :-)).
This week I bought a new Lumia 640 with Windows Phone 8.1. I was hoping the problem would have been fixed by now. I was wrong.
This is one of those severe issues due to which I don't recommend windows phone 8.1 to others. Some issues can be tolerated, this one is not one of them.
Hi, AbhirJ. Thank you for posting on the community. We understand that you are having issue with viewing websites on your phone. Does it only happen when using the phone built-in browser? Have you tried using a downloadable browser app from the Store to see if you encounter the same behavior? We look forward to your reply.