Windows Phone Browers Not Displaying Selected Pages - "We're having trouble displaying this page."

Anonymous
2014-11-29T04:52:08+00:00

Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1020), running IE 11.

Issue: Several, but not all, web pages generate the same error:

"We're having trouble displyaing this page.  We're having trouble with the page you're trying to reach and can't open it right now.  Try the following: Refresh the page or try again later."

Example: Mobile.aa.com loads fine.  When I tap "Login", the login page generates the error.

AND, if I set the phone to use the desktop pages (not mobile), www.aa.com loads fine, and when I try to log in, I get the same error.

I have verified the sites are working (I can log in to both the mobile and desktop sites via Chrome, Firefox, and IE on an Android phone and Windows 7 laptop).

I have verified with the carrier it isn't them (the Android phone is on their network).  I can send/receive emails, texts, SMS, both via wifi and LTE data. And when a web page works, it works regardless of whether I am on wifi or LTE (cellular) data.  And the error occurs regardless of whether I am on wifi or cellular data.

Help!  These sites are rather critical to me.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-28T13:50:19+00:00

    With this error, i am wondering if i should have purchased a different phone.

    I can go in to many sites, however when i go in to some dating sites, (not just one or two), i get this error.

    Is there an update to fix this.  i can get in to these site on my PC with out an issue.  I have checked all the setting on my phone and tried to adjust them. (Nokia 1020)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-28T14:56:52+00:00

    I finally gave up and bought an iPhone, no problems at all now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-29T08:39:49+00:00

    I'm right there with you, but I'm going Galaxy. When the contract is finished in May, I'm gone. I worked in IT support for 5 years. It is incredible how bad the support is on Microsoft's own Windows phone site. I gave you a phone model (920), gave you an OS (W 8.1), gave you a carrier (ATT), gave you a sample website (wedj.com), gave you two browsers (IE and UC Browser) and  in 30 days: nothing. It's a damn shame. I love my phone and my OS, but if I can't connect to business important websites while being ignored by IT support, I have no other recourse ::SMH::

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-01T18:18:39+00:00

    I managed to get through to Microsoft's level 2 support for mobile, and sent them pictures of the failure on the starbucks.com site and the info about my phone (a 920). I just got a call back from the support person stating that he has been able to reproduce the problem on a 920. Hopefully this will yield some positive results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-01T18:30:16+00:00

    What's most likely is that they'll figure that the issue is fixed on newer windows phone builds (as not everyone has the issue) and tell you that "once version XXXX is released for your phone, it'll work again for you". Alternatively you could join the developer program to get newer OS builds and bypass the waiting period.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments