Windows Phone Browers Not Displaying Selected Pages - "We're having trouble displaying this page."

Anonymous
2014-11-29T04:52:08+00:00

Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1020), running IE 11.

Issue: Several, but not all, web pages generate the same error:

"We're having trouble displyaing this page.  We're having trouble with the page you're trying to reach and can't open it right now.  Try the following: Refresh the page or try again later."

Example: Mobile.aa.com loads fine.  When I tap "Login", the login page generates the error.

AND, if I set the phone to use the desktop pages (not mobile), www.aa.com loads fine, and when I try to log in, I get the same error.

I have verified the sites are working (I can log in to both the mobile and desktop sites via Chrome, Firefox, and IE on an Android phone and Windows 7 laptop).

I have verified with the carrier it isn't them (the Android phone is on their network).  I can send/receive emails, texts, SMS, both via wifi and LTE data. And when a web page works, it works regardless of whether I am on wifi or LTE (cellular) data.  And the error occurs regardless of whether I am on wifi or cellular data.

Help!  These sites are rather critical to me.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-16T17:41:03+00:00

    I reposted this issue under a different name will see if any guru replies/fixes it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-16T19:18:47+00:00

    I know it's a small sample set, but based on this thread, the failures occur on the 920, 1020 and 1520. But not on the 822 and 735. Microsoft, is there a difference in the OS or IE on the 920, 1020 and 1520 compared to the 822 and 735?

    Yes probably a  different O.S. built.  Apparently LCRT is from Europe  and they have a Lumia Denim flavor.

    See my other thread:

    http://answers.microsoft.com//message/f25ffea3-7519-4fc0-987f-a6ab341e8bad?threadId=c05664a0-ce02-41f3-bd91-6efea1df9cb3

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-17T11:52:50+00:00

    I looked at your other thread. My 920 has the same OS level as yours. My daughter's 822 has a different OS level (it's the latest for her phone) than the 920 and it is also a different level than the 735 that LCRT has. So there are multiple latest OS levels out there (depending on phone). That should make it easier for Microsoft to find the problem. Just need to get someone from Microsoft to pay attention.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-17T14:39:19+00:00

    Yeah, like I replied on the other thread : It's kind of silly to wait for a new OS update just to be able to access a site (that worked fine before). I believe internet has been invented in the eighties.  What if even with the latest update it still doesn't work? Wait for a new update?

    I also have other issues with this phone or OS but a little harder to explain, might not be very common.

    The wifi won't connect to a particular "hot-spot" (showing first " Can't connect" - the wifi xxx didn't respond, and after "connecting" showing in red under the network name "no internet access" ).

    I want to mention that, again on both Lumia 920 I have I run in the same issue, while my ipad at the very same location and the very same time connects perfectly to that network.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-23T18:52:59+00:00

    Partial solution: Opera Browser for Windows Phone 8.1 (Beta)

    All--

    Opera recently released a free beta version of a browser for Windows Phone 8.1.  They call it "Opera Mini - Beta". It does not have the issue described here that all the other Win Phone 8.1 browsers have. Search for Opera in the Store.

    Using the Opera browser, I can see and log in to AA.com's sites, and navigate as needed.

    Does anyone know how to set something other than IE as the default browser on Windows Phone 8.1?  (When I get from AA with a link to my boarding pass, if I click on the link, I get IE and the error.  I have to copy the link and paste it into Opera, and it works fine.  So if I can change the default browser to Opera, I have a workable solution.)

    Thanks to all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments