Windows Phone Browers Not Displaying Selected Pages - "We're having trouble displaying this page."

Anonymous
2014-11-29T04:52:08+00:00

Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1020), running IE 11.

Issue: Several, but not all, web pages generate the same error:

"We're having trouble displyaing this page.  We're having trouble with the page you're trying to reach and can't open it right now.  Try the following: Refresh the page or try again later."

Example: Mobile.aa.com loads fine.  When I tap "Login", the login page generates the error.

AND, if I set the phone to use the desktop pages (not mobile), www.aa.com loads fine, and when I try to log in, I get the same error.

I have verified the sites are working (I can log in to both the mobile and desktop sites via Chrome, Firefox, and IE on an Android phone and Windows 7 laptop).

I have verified with the carrier it isn't them (the Android phone is on their network).  I can send/receive emails, texts, SMS, both via wifi and LTE data. And when a web page works, it works regardless of whether I am on wifi or LTE (cellular) data.  And the error occurs regardless of whether I am on wifi or cellular data.

Help!  These sites are rather critical to me.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-04T19:25:37+00:00

    It is very frustrating & I really hope this problem can be looked into and resolved soon. I have the Lumia 1020, Windows phone 8.1.

    It seems nobody from Microsoft is looking at this thread anymore.

    Maybe someone should re-start a new topic (different name) so eventually some one  more competent than Karolina M gets to it and either provides a solution or alerts the software geniuses at Microsoft to fix their bugs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-13T20:06:09+00:00

    I, too, have this problem. Mine is with the www.wedj.com site. Before the 8.1 update, my Lumia 920 connected without issue. Now, I get the same "We're having trouble..." error everyone else is getting. I executed a service ticket to have their tech gurus work on the problem. After two weeks, they threw up their hands. The site comes up on android and apple phones with no issues.

    I have used several different browsers on the 920 with the same result. It's a shame. I love my phone, but when I can't connect to one of my important work sites on it, I see a new phone in the near future that will not be Windows based.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-13T21:24:10+00:00

    Hoping to get someone from Microsoft to look at this issue, I had an online chat session with someone from Lumia support. I sent him the link of this thread asking that he have someone in Microsoft look at it. He agreed to do so. Don't know if that will happen, but hopefully it will. While chatting with him, I tried accessing the website that had been failing for me, and was surprised to find that I can now access that site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-13T21:34:07+00:00

    Thanks, Eric. Glad you finally got access. No such luck for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T00:48:52+00:00

    As of today, I still have the problem, too, on my Windows 8.1 phone.  On multiple sites. Using multiple browsers. Very frustrating.  It's definitely a Microsoft 8.1 phone issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments