Windows Phone Browers Not Displaying Selected Pages - "We're having trouble displaying this page."

Anonymous
2014-11-29T04:52:08+00:00

Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1020), running IE 11.

Issue: Several, but not all, web pages generate the same error:

"We're having trouble displyaing this page.  We're having trouble with the page you're trying to reach and can't open it right now.  Try the following: Refresh the page or try again later."

Example: Mobile.aa.com loads fine.  When I tap "Login", the login page generates the error.

AND, if I set the phone to use the desktop pages (not mobile), www.aa.com loads fine, and when I try to log in, I get the same error.

I have verified the sites are working (I can log in to both the mobile and desktop sites via Chrome, Firefox, and IE on an Android phone and Windows 7 laptop).

I have verified with the carrier it isn't them (the Android phone is on their network).  I can send/receive emails, texts, SMS, both via wifi and LTE data. And when a web page works, it works regardless of whether I am on wifi or LTE (cellular) data.  And the error occurs regardless of whether I am on wifi or cellular data.

Help!  These sites are rather critical to me.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T17:52:59+00:00

    As of today, I still have the problem, too, on my Windows 8.1 phone.  On multiple sites. Using multiple browsers. Very frustrating.  It's definitely a Microsoft 8.1 phone issue.

    which sites? Your lack of useful information doesn't help anyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T16:55:45+00:00

    Oops!  You are right. I misspoke. On the phone, I tried UC browser, Explora, and Surfy, with the same results--no web page. On all other devices (Windows desktop, Windows laptop, Android, and iPhone), I tested the sites on IE, Chrome, and Firefox).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T09:44:23+00:00

    That's funny, considering Firefox and chrome don't even exist for windows phone. You are making things up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T00:51:40+00:00

    Karolina--  See the string of posts. It's an issue with Windows Phone 8.1. 

    And to clarify, I can't open these sites on the Windows 8.1 phone, regardless of which browser I use (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.).  But the sites open fine on Windows 8.0 Phone, and on other devices using IE. 

    Just not on the Windows 8.1 phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-03-14T00:48:52+00:00

    As of today, I still have the problem, too, on my Windows 8.1 phone.  On multiple sites. Using multiple browsers. Very frustrating.  It's definitely a Microsoft 8.1 phone issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments