I know it's a small sample set, but based on this thread, the failures occur on the 920, 1020 and 1520. But not on the 822 and 735. Microsoft, is there a difference in the OS or IE on the 920, 1020 and 1520 compared to the 822 and 735?
Windows Phone Browers Not Displaying Selected Pages - "We're having trouble displaying this page."
Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1020), running IE 11.
Issue: Several, but not all, web pages generate the same error:
"We're having trouble displyaing this page. We're having trouble with the page you're trying to reach and can't open it right now. Try the following: Refresh the page or try again later."
Example: Mobile.aa.com loads fine. When I tap "Login", the login page generates the error.
AND, if I set the phone to use the desktop pages (not mobile), www.aa.com loads fine, and when I try to log in, I get the same error.
I have verified the sites are working (I can log in to both the mobile and desktop sites via Chrome, Firefox, and IE on an Android phone and Windows 7 laptop).
I have verified with the carrier it isn't them (the Android phone is on their network). I can send/receive emails, texts, SMS, both via wifi and LTE data. And when a web page works, it works regardless of whether I am on wifi or LTE (cellular) data. And the error occurs regardless of whether I am on wifi or cellular data.
Help! These sites are rather critical to me.
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-03-14T23:06:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-03-14T22:26:33+00:00 Lumia 735
-
Anonymous
2015-03-14T21:35:46+00:00 They work for me. So... Not a windows phone 8.1 issue.
Right. The rest of us must just be imagining the problem. As I mentioned in my first post in February, it fails on my 920 with its latest OS level, but doesn't fail on my daughter's 822 with its latest OS level (different from mine). So as someone asked you back in November, what phone are you using.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-14T20:37:53+00:00 They work for me. So... Not a windows phone 8.1 issue.
-
Anonymous
2015-03-14T18:46:03+00:00 which sites? Your lack of useful information doesn't help anyone.
There are enough sites already noted for someone to start debugging. I tried the sign on screens for aa.com, Starbucks.com and the wedj.com website, and all failed.