I know it's a small sample set, but based on this thread, the failures occur on the 920, 1020 and 1520. But not on the 822 and 735. Microsoft, is there a difference in the OS or IE on the 920, 1020 and 1520 compared to the 822 and 735?
Windows Phone Browers Not Displaying Selected Pages - "We're having trouble displaying this page."
Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 1020), running IE 11.
Issue: Several, but not all, web pages generate the same error:
"We're having trouble displyaing this page. We're having trouble with the page you're trying to reach and can't open it right now. Try the following: Refresh the page or try again later."
Example: Mobile.aa.com loads fine. When I tap "Login", the login page generates the error.
AND, if I set the phone to use the desktop pages (not mobile), www.aa.com loads fine, and when I try to log in, I get the same error.
I have verified the sites are working (I can log in to both the mobile and desktop sites via Chrome, Firefox, and IE on an Android phone and Windows 7 laptop).
I have verified with the carrier it isn't them (the Android phone is on their network). I can send/receive emails, texts, SMS, both via wifi and LTE data. And when a web page works, it works regardless of whether I am on wifi or LTE (cellular) data. And the error occurs regardless of whether I am on wifi or cellular data.
Help! These sites are rather critical to me.
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-03-14T23:06:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-03-14T16:55:45+00:00 Oops! You are right. I misspoke. On the phone, I tried UC browser, Explora, and Surfy, with the same results--no web page. On all other devices (Windows desktop, Windows laptop, Android, and iPhone), I tested the sites on IE, Chrome, and Firefox).
-
Anonymous
2015-03-14T09:44:23+00:00 That's funny, considering Firefox and chrome don't even exist for windows phone. You are making things up.
-
Anonymous
2015-02-12T13:30:06+00:00 Same issue. Using Windows Phone 8.1 on a Lumina 1520. American Airlines responded that "many" Windows phone users are having the same issue, while others are not. I suppose it is due to the version or update of Windows Phone people are using.
I am using the latest and its broken for mobile.aa.com as well as a number of additional mobile webpages/apps.
-
Anonymous
2015-01-14T03:20:38+00:00 This is amazing. Both the AA.com website and it's app worked FINE until Microsoft "updated" my phone. Now neither the mobile nor desktop versions work.
It WORKED, until someone went through the EFFORT to make it not work. All that was needed for it to continue to work was....NOTHING.
I bought a Lumia 920 as my first smartphone. I liked the idea of using the same OS as on almost every computer, except its not.
Anyone care to make odds on what the OS of my next phone will be?