Windows RT upgrade to Windows 10

Anonymous
2015-01-28T13:00:29+00:00

Hi,

I have recently bought a Lumia 2520 tab that works on Windows RT 8.1.

I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10. If yes, then it would be really great. Else I will have regret for buying an operating system that has no future.

Hoping for your quick feedback.

Thank you.

Shiva

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-06T23:42:26+00:00

    any more info on this? how its done?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-09T00:10:48+00:00

    Give a refund to everybody that has a 8.1 RT device. I never would have bought a surface 2 had I know this issue. Also a couple of weeks ago I was talking to a microsoft tech and she asked me if I would like to update my surface 10 right then and that was not what my call was about but in the the I did ask about this issue with windows 10 but I did not have the time then but she assured me it could be done.. It just irks me when you bought what you thought was a high tech device (surface 2 8.1 RT)

    only to find it is a dead end and that all those older pcs etc with windows 7 can get the update.

    I think they should swap all the un-updatable devices with something that has a future. I feel I got ripped off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-09T09:18:25+00:00

    You did buy a high tech device.

    If it still works and does what it did when you bought it then it is still a high tech device doing what you bought it to do.

    If you bought an iPhone 5 a month before Apple launched the 6 did you not still buy a working high tech 'phone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-08-30T20:27:50+00:00

    I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-08-30T20:36:54+00:00

    I wanted to know if this Windows RT can be upgraded to Windows 10

    No.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments